How wire a hexa for 200 amps capability ? PDB ?

bebellm

Hi,

I'm looking to wire perfectly my hexa, but don't find how to do it.

I have 6 MT 3515 15 400KV, they are rated for over 32amps each, for approximatively 200 amps in total.

I know it's very difficult / rare to reach this peak, but I want a setup reliable in every condition.

Now I have a hobbyking power board, which is rated for 60amps.

I made a lot research on different forum but I don't find a PDB with high amp at reasonable price. I don't even talk about the hungry power board, and the Droidworx PDB.

I saw lot of people enjoying the multiwii power board (Voltair) but it's rated for 60amps and 72amps in peak.

I would prefer avoid to have 2 PDB for space, and reliability ?. I have two 6000mah or 5000mah battery which are 35C and 70C in burst, so in theory (very big theory) can draw over 700 amps through the PDB.

Some people are doing wiring harness, but I don't read a lot about it. And I don't know how reliable it is compare to a PDB.

Can you guys give some advice to make the best wiring on my hexa, and the most reliable... I don't want something below 200amps "certification" even if I won't go above 70amps... And of course I want a solution under 50$....

Thanks a lot for your help.

ewr

Goes a little over your cost including tools...but I bought some 1" pure copper hex bar and cut two 1/2" long pieces off....I then drilled one 1/8" dia x 1/8" depth hole on each flat of the hex for the 14g ESC wires, and a 1/4" dia x 1/4" Depth hole down the center ("top") for the 8g feed wire, then just soldered my wires right into the holes, one hex for positive and one for negative (just like the PCB dist. boards linked to above). You could even drill small holes from the top into each 1/8" hole and thread them for set screws if you don't want to solder them in, that way it would be removable also. After they cooled off I just dipped each one in some Plasti-Dip liquid electrical tape and they were done. The actual 1" x 12" piece of Hex bar was $45...I already had the lathe and drill/bit. To me at least, it's a lot cleaner and smaller than the PCB boards with unlimited customization, and quite a bit cheaper.

Mfbs17

I Am looking also if there is any wiring diagram of some sort to look at,so we dont make any mess.I am looking forward to build my first quad and considering gryphon 1000ct powerboard.

Sendt fra min HTC One med Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: