How to learn to fly drones?

yashax

A little history. I wanted to get in the hobby a year ago and purchased FrySky X12S, but did not do anything with it. I do own DJI Spark which I have been flying for a while.

Following the advise of other forums I downloaded the Velocidrone and LiftOff and hooked it up to my X12S. It calibrates OK and everything seems to setup OK. I even used settings recommended to start very very basic.

No matter what I do, I can not figure out how to fly. Even if my movements are tiny. The drone just takes off. I can barely fly straight between pylons. Forget about turning.

I really want to learn, but being really discouraged.

Please help.

Jake

Hi Jake,

(before I start, I'll say that I have no experience with "hobby grade" racing drones, so I'm just going off of what I've been researching online. Might not be perfect.)

If you ask the FPV crowd, they'll tell you that, almost as much as there is a difference between cars and fighter jets, there's a difference between DJI's and racing drones. It can take a looong time to get used to it. From what I've heard, (1) take your time, and practice a lot, and (2) learn good techniques online, such as using two fingers on each stick. Youtube has an amazing amount of tutorials packed with great info.

Keep working on it, good luck!