How to get telemetry data mixed with HD video

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
We have built a system capable of heavy payload aerial photography, Epic, Black Magic, etc, using a Kraken K130 copter along with a Gremsey H14 Gimbal. We have purchased two Connex HD systems. That's the only way for a pilot and gimbal op can have their own feed, unlike light bridge which requires a cable tether, not good. Currently you can't order multiple ground receivers so we bought two full Connex systems.

We are thinking of sending SD transmission to ground for telemetry but would have to display this on a separate receiver. Anyone have any ideas on how to combine this with the Connex unit so we have both signals? We feel like we're really breaking new ground here and would appreciate any thoughts. We do own Light Bridge systems, too but have found them to be problematic so are trying to DYI our own set-up.

Thanks, Jack T.

Cameraj

Hi Jack,
Connex says that there is going to be a way to go from dji osd to the Connex transmitter, I'm waiting as well:) great group of guys at that Co, I spent some time talking with them at cine gear,

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
Oh man, that's great news. I must admit, it's the one thing we didn't think of. Glad to hear they are good to deal with. That's a huge factor these days with suppliers, manufacturers who are difficult to deal with after you get their product.

ZAxis

Have Connex given you a lead time for the telemetry overlay? I already have a system waiting but I use the IOSD data a lot so would like to wait until the Connex can integrate the data into the downlink.
Lec

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
Have Connex given you a lead time for the telemetry overlay? I already have a system waiting but I use the IOSD data a lot so would like to wait until the Connex can integrate the data into the downlink.
Lec

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
I sent a message to support and sLes and heard back almost immediately. Also filed a feature request.

I was told that they were definite working on this but for the purposes of business, they could not give me or guarantee any date.

Good news is that it sounds like it's just a firmware update and they are working on it. Cross our fingers it's quick. I have invested in two systems.

crayfellow

are they specifically saying this would be tied to dji osd? I haven't looked at their protocol, is there some reason it could not also be used for other telemetry/osd setups? It would be unfortunate for telemetry in the video feed to depend on a specific proprietary flight controller stack.