How to choose a Prop for hexacopter

john420

hi I gotta guestion how to pick the right Prop for the right motor and esc and fram
I bought
[h=3] 1-Tarot FY680 Foldable Hexa- http://www.hobby-wing.com/tarot-fy680-tl6801-hexa-copter-frame.html[/h]2-Rctimer 40ESC http://www.rctimer.com/product_850.html

3- 5008/340KV Brushless Motor/black http://www.foxtechfpv.com/5008340kv-brushless-motorblack-p-1149.html

and bought 6s 8000 Mah battery

the total weight is approximately 4-4.5kkg

Now the question is what size prop do I need and what kind a good one that does not break
thanks

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
You should be going to the motor specs first to see what suits the motor, at the kv rating and size I would be thinking something in the 15-18 inch size, but only testing will really tell what works best unless someone else can advise what they have used and works.

The frame you have chosen will also impact on the max size prop, what is the max size for the frame you have chosen, from the specs it says max size, 13 inch, I think you have a problem? With those motors you should have chosen around a 900-1000mm frame.

Pete

john420

thanks but if i use smaller like 13 inch prob is there gonna be any problem and if so any recondition for motor ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel

Sorry but you have a huge mismatch between your frame and the other items you have bought. The Tarot 680 is a light to medium lift frame, mine has an all up weight of 2.6 kg using 800 KV motors and 12 inch props. If you check the specs for the motors you have bought they recommend 17 to 18 inch props. As the Tarot 680 will only take 13 inch these will obviously not fit. With 13 inch props and such low KV motors I don’t think you will even get off the ground. A good frame to match your motors etc would be the Tarot 960. Bestof luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

john420

I am just gonna return the motor what other motor do u recommend I keep the other parts but some thing that left maximum for this frame

john420

The first one might be okay.

Pete

I did extend the arms each by 2 inch but some one said to me that RCtimer motor are not that good but not sure now since i got extension of two inch in each arm would not u think that i can use 15inch prop with it by going back to Tarot motor ? since the only obsticale is the the prop size for that Tarot motor am I right ?

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Anyone have experience with the Tarot motor 5008?
I'm building the 960 and I'm not real impressed with the wires on the 5008s. they are real short and stiff, I actually broke a wire trying to get the two bullets together. I still have wire left to work with, but now I'll have to shorten the other two on that motor :livid:.
I was thinking of sliding a 16 awg wire over the little motor wire and securing it with solder only concern is; will affect the wire where it starts to become windings.
My hope if successful is the 16 awg will give the little wire more support and give me a little more length; of course if I do this, I'll have to do the same for all six motors.

BTW, I got the setup form Foxtech, normally I have great success with them, but this kit came with 4 out of the 6 ESCs being used. I know they're used because the servo leads have numbers scratched onto them. Plus, four of the ESCs have short servo leads and 2 have long. I hate being treated like this by company that I've been very loyal to.:livid: