How Long For 333 Exemption?

Dezy

Anyone know how long the approval process is now days?

Seems like the FAA was getting them done in a couple months for a while there, but I’ve heard it is 8 – 12 months now……..

Anyone know??

SamaraMedia

I have a friend that is going through the process now, he seemed to be sailing through pretty quickly but now he said seems to have hit a slowdown, not sure why but it has been dragging now since Sept '15. I thought I read @SleepyC was have the same issue.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
They are stating 120 days +/- from the date that your petition is posted to the public docket.
http://www.regulations.gov/#!home
It is important to note that what they are not saying is that it can take 60-90 days to get the Docket Center to post it to the public docket for public & FAA viewing. This is true whether you send them an actual hardcopy petition or whether you post it to the Docket Center.
So.... 90 days + 120 days= 210 days...... about 7 months....
If you look at current Approved 333 exemptions and look at the date it was posted to the Docket Center & the actual date on the petition, you will see the current timeline....

Dezy

I checked some of the Approval dates (good tip) and it appears to be about a 4 - 8 month process.

Thanks all,
Dezy

Str8 Up

We just got an amendment to our initial filing approved. Took 6 months to the day. Our original petition took 3 months. Both had no requests for additional info which adds to delays.

Dezy

Thanks, Str8 - doesn't sound too bad. Would probably still beat waiting for the FAA deciding something.....

Congratulations and good luck in your endeavors!