How does the Naza react when you fly below where you are standing, into a canyon...

jackmulti

I was wondering if anybody had experience with the NASA flying below you. Does GPS and altitude lock work? How about return to home? Does it climb to an altitude over the home position?

Thanks

TAPPEDOUT

GPS will work if sees enough satellights. Alt of course will work, and would assume alt reference is from home take off point, but an interesting question that maybe won't find answer for here.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I think, don't quote me on this... Barometric pressure is stored from its home point setting, from that level it would or should climb 60 feet over that pressure setting. So In theory, as long as you take off at a level of say zero difference or its reference start point, if you went -60 feet, it "SHOULD" climb to 120 feet to come and land back at its start point of 60 feet. Now I am just speculating, but would be interested to find out how this works for you... lol

CrashMaster

So In theory, as long as you take off at a level of say zero difference or its reference start point, if you went -60 feet, it "SHOULD" climb to 120 feet to come and land back at its start point of 60 feet.
That is the theory but if you do fly over a cliff it's only reference is GPS location and air pressure. If you have noticed the pressure may alter so if the pressure is higher than take off no problem because it will clime to 120ft above take off pressure and fly to GPS location and land. Now if the pressure lowers in the valley it will try to plant it's self in the side of the cliff. Bearing in mind air pressure is affected by many factors, wind only being the effect of pressure differences not the cause.
Give it a go and report back.