Mikrokopter How does the MK hook up to a Hitec rx?

Considering MK but I have some questions..

I am looking at buying a rig that is prebuilt with an MK on it. Gps and Navi. I fly a hitec radio and I know that their RX are PWM and the MK requires PPM. I found a FrSky rx that is compatible with my radio system and I also know there are PWM to PPM converters out there as well. I am a little over whelmed by the MK and find it a little tricky to get information on it. I have set up a Nazas, KK, Quadrino and Hoverfly boards before so I am not a total noob, but with the MK I am concerned it will be over my head. I have a few questions if someone could shed some light I would be thrilled! My questions are..

- what is better, the converter or the clone RX.

- And no matter how hard I look, I can not find a picture or diagram on how the MK ties into the RX. Does anyone have experience with this and can share some info?

I am sure there are other questions I should be asking, but this is all for now. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Personally I would go with the clone RX, the fewer pieces in the link the less things that can go wrong. I have 3 MK currently flying on FRSky RX via PPM, connection is actually very simple. On the underside of the flight controller there is a set of pads for a PPM connection, +5v, Ground, and signal. I soldered a short piece of servo cable with a connector on it to the pads which allows me to plug in a cable from the RX and I also have a similar setup on the Spektrum RX connection so I can swap between radios if necessary.

Here's the link to the MK 2.1 F/C wiki page, http://mikrokopter.us/MKDocs/FlightCtrl_ME_2_1.htm If you scroll down a bit to the bottom view, the PPM connection point is labeled # 13.

Ken