How does Naza + GPS compared to Arducopter +GPS?

Borneoben

Hi Guys

I havent posted here in a while as i have been flying mainly planes recently but i have decided to try and get back into Multirotors and FPV.

I am currently trying to flight tune a quad with a Crius AIOP board running the Megapirate code.

I cant seem to nail down a decent set up. I am tired of the amount of time this is taking me.

Is the Naza + GPS any easier to set up and tune as i am seriously considering getting one?

I just donet have much Hobby time and i would rather spend it flying than tuning.

My goal is to do FPV and i want to have position hold and RTH. The Megapirate allows the use of the Arducopter flight planner and it is fully functional with waypoints and everything but its just to difficult to set up and i am not interested in Waypoints anyway.

My set up is a BlueSkyRC Spider quad running 30amp RCtimer ESC flashed with Simon K firmware.
I am also running Emax FC 2822 1200kv motors with 8x4 props and a 3s 3300 flight pack.

The problems i am getting with the Crius Board and Megapirate code is when i seem to get the settings just right on one flight the next flight feel very different.

It seems to be very sensitive to battery voltage as the flight characturistics also seem to change from beggining to end of the flight. Although i never go beyond the 80% rule.

I am not one to normally give up but i am gettin tired of chasing the setup all the time.

I am hoping that the Naza + GPS would be easier to set up and get working proerly.

If any one can give me some advice on teh Naza i would be very greatful. Also a reliable and well priced vendor recommendation would also be greatly recieved.

Many thanks

Ben

gencode

I had zero experience with automated controls before I started and the NAZA-M was super simple to add to my GAUI 330x
I am a programmer so I am interested in getting an Ardu board since I moved my NAZA-M to a f550
But in answer to your question the setup is pretty simple to get basic and gps hold. RTH was a little of a pain because I dont have a reciever with a failsafe, but I can engage a manual RTH

Hi Guys

I havent posted here in a while as i have been flying mainly planes recently but i have decided to try and get back into Multirotors and FPV.

I am currently trying to flight tune a quad with a Crius AIOP board running the Megapirate code.

I cant seem to nail down a decent set up. I am tired of the amount of time this is taking me.

Is the Naza + GPS any easier to set up and tune as i am seriously considering getting one?

I just donet have much Hobby time and i would rather spend it flying than tuning.

My goal is to do FPV and i want to have position hold and RTH. The Megapirate allows the use of the Arducopter flight planner and it is fully functional with waypoints and everything but its just to difficult to set up and i am not interested in Waypoints anyway.

My set up is a BlueSkyRC Spider quad running 30amp RCtimer ESC flashed with Simon K firmware.
I am also running Emax FC 2822 1200kv motors with 8x4 props and a 3s 3300 flight pack.

The problems i am getting with the Crius Board and Megapirate code is when i seem to get the settings just right on one flight the next flight feel very different.

It seems to be very sensitive to battery voltage as the flight characturistics also seem to change from beggining to end of the flight. Although i never go beyond the 80% rule.

I am not one to normally give up but i am gettin tired of chasing the setup all the time.

I am hoping that the Naza + GPS would be easier to set up and get working proerly.

If any one can give me some advice on teh Naza i would be very greatful. Also a reliable and well priced vendor recommendation would also be greatly recieved.

Many thanks

Ben

Borneoben

Thanks Gencode

Maybe i will sell my Crius AIOP in the near future, if you are interested please let me know

It will run both the Meagirate port of teh Arducopter Code and also the latest MultiWii Code as well.

Cheers

Ben