Hoverfly HoverflyGIMBAL and Cinestar gimbal - IT WORKS!

Hoverfly sent me some signal conditioners for my Cinestar gimbal, and now the Hoverfly Gimbal board is working. I've started to tune the settings and have made great progress. I'm planning to use this on a shoot this Saturday. I'll report back here.

Big props to Hoverfly for coming through for me. Top notch customer support as always. 'Nuf said.

Footage will be posted next week...

-Benjamin Rowland

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Sounds like HF has a good thing going. I'm gonna jump on board the hoverfly train. cant wait! Your videos are very smooth and have great composition.

osiris

Any news on this... any pictures about how it's attached to the gimbal, what that signal conditioners board consists off?

Kari

Benjamin,

Really like your videos too, very smooth and pro work. Nice site too. Do you have CS gimbal with Freefly or with Savox servos. I have older CS gimbal with savox servos and i'm thinking of purchasing HFG too. Does anyone know do hoverfly now include signal booster to the package if i buy their stabilizer?

Kari

Hoverfly sent me some signal conditioners for my Cinestar gimbal, and now the Hoverfly Gimbal board is working. I've started to tune the settings and have made great progress. I'm planning to use this on a shoot this Saturday. I'll report back here.

Big props to Hoverfly for coming through for me. Top notch customer support as always. 'Nuf said.

Footage will be posted next week...

-Benjamin Rowland

Hi Benjamin,

Any update on how everything is working with the HF Gimbal and the Cinestar combination? Have you managed to film anything yet?

Really looking forward to seeing what it can do, I have all the equipment now just waiting for the signal conditioners to arrive then I'll start setting up as well.

Regards,
Andre

The latest news is that we've done a lot of testing with the HF Gimbal and determined that Hoverfly needs to do a bit of work on the software to really get it where we want it. So the fastest way to make that happen?

ROADTRIP. We've talked with Hoverfly, and have decided to make a roadtrip down to their headquarters. Should be a fun day of R&D that will benefit us, them, and everyone else looking to make the Cinestar / HF gimbal combo work its best.

jrlederer

Benjamin,
Would that road trip happen to be to their west coast location (near Los Angeles)? If so, I've got the same setup, only mounted below a SkyJib, that I'd like to contribute to the research with. Let me know and maybe we can both pitch in to nail this problem's solution down!

-Jonathan

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If there's one thing I've learned from multirotors, it's that nothing seems to work for everybody. As we are in a world of microscopic devices controlled by man made software, reaching all ends of the world's vastly changing magnetic fields and weather.....nothing can be rock solid. We throw money at these things in hopes we get what the manufacturer's videos showed. Most of the time we get lucky but some will end up frustrated and confused. I guess we just have to accept this as we are in the learning phase of MEMS and Multis.

Caju

hi to all, I'm in the process to move forward and jump on a cinestar, I really would love to hear good results from HFP for the simplicity of it. And I mean the cf, as for pro images it is needed a outside controller for the gimble anyway
Cheers and let us us how it went