Hoverfly Hoverfly Sport - pitch drop-outs

Efliernz

Pete
I picked up a 2nd-hand Sport board a month or so back.
I tried it in a TBS Discovery-style diy quad and I experienced pitch drops during yawing turns and also when descending. Straight and level - it was great until you start to slow down/descend, then the motors sound like they almost cut and the machine drops 3' nose first. I was using 1.0.0.37 Sport profile.

I suspected the frame layout with the large flat surfaces may not be helping, so it is now in my diy Y6. Perfectly balanced.

The Sport board was flashed using v1.0.0.37 AP-profile. It says it flashed successfully. Everything moves the right direction in the setup client.
Hover is great. Straight forward flight is ok. If I have the gain up too much, the yaw causes climbing one way, descending turning the other way. The nose/pitch drops are more pronounced at higher gains than low gains.
At lower gain, it feels a bit loose and the yaw climb/descent issue is better but the nose-drop issue when slowing down (nose up) or descending is still there.

The motors/esc's are all from an old model and it flew well (as my old Octo / HFP).

Is there anything I can look at here before I swap it for a KK2 which I really don't want to do!

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

vector57

If your ESC's are set to LiPo, instead of Ni-CD, it will drop out. But you have to be real careful not to go below the 3 volt per cell limit on LiPo, or you kill the battery. The ESC's are designed to Drop out like that to protect the LiPo batteries.