Hoverfly Gimbal vs. Freefly Radian

DCDK

Hi,

I want to order tomorrow the components for a new octocopter with a Cinestar gimbal and had a discussion about the parts with my colleague who will assemble it. He asked me why I had chosen the Freefly Radian over the Hoverfly Gimbal, even though it's more than double the price. I saw amazing videos with the Radian, but I couldn't point out any thread where the two systems had been objectively compared.

What are your experiences with the Hoverfly Gimbal and the Freefly Radian? Which one generated more problems? Which one would you recommend? What are the pros and cons of a single pcb like the Hoverfly vs. the three radians?

There is a discussion about the octocopter I'm putting together in this thread.

Cheers
David

Last edited by a moderator:

PaNt

I have HFP with Radian...!

I did this because i have ths CS gimbal..! :) :) If you go with cs gimal then go with radian..!

If you go with another gimbal then its your choice..!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
They all seem to have their problems. Nothing is turn key perfect out of the box from what I have read. having said that, I use the Hoverfly pro and hovergimbal and am very happy with it and I have not done much at all in the way of tuning. It's no zenmuse but it is pretty good.

DCDK

I have HFP with Radian...!

I did this because i have ths CS gimbal..! :) :) If you go with cs gimal then go with radian..!

If you go with another gimbal then its your choice..!

I'll definitively get the CS gimbal. Does the CS gimbal make the Radian a necessity? Why shouldn't it work with the Hoverfly Gimbal?

ChrisViperM

I'll definitively get the CS gimbal. Does the CS gimbal make the Radian a necessity? Why shouldn't it work with the Hoverfly Gimbal?

The CS gimbal and the Radian are coming from the same company, and it is very likely that in the development and the following tests of the Radian, the CS gimbal was the "prince"....althought it should not be a problem to mix'n match Freefly stuff with Hoverfly stuff.....just the chances are bigger to get a good result if you stick with one company

Chris

DCDK

Thank you all for your help. I'll get the Radian. Hopefully, around Christmas, there will be the first videos of the octocopter flying. Wish me luck!

xavivo

Go with Radian it worth the extra money and also if you have freefly servos hoverfly have some problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2