Hoverfly Hoverfly Gimbal and Photoship 3X Pro

pmacafee

OK, so I just got the digital servo upgrade for my Photoship #X Pro. Where are we on the firmware, it has been a couple of weeks since it was reported as being "tweaked"?

pmacafee

I have installed the Servox servos and have installed the Hoverfly Gimbal on the camera platform. Because I will be shooting for a few hours, I will need to have a power cord going to the camera plus 2 wires for a infrared remote and 2 more for video out. Then I have 9 wires going out for the 3 servos and 6 coming in for 2 axis being controlled by a Servocity joystick. Plus 2 more for power to the Hoverfly. That is a total of 24 coming of the camera platform. The pitch servo will be very close and then the roll servo not to far, but then I have 18 more that need to be able to swing around 360 degrees and maybe do about 2 full rotations without snaring any hardware. I was thinking coil cords, but all the multiconductor coil cords weigh a bunch. Does anyone have any ideas on how to connect all this?

pmacafee

So HF cannot offer any estimate when, if ever their Photoship firmware will be ready. I have an opportunity to buy a used Picloc 3X Pro, and that seems to have fewer issues than the HF Gimbal. Am I doing the right thing? Does anyone want to buy a like new HF Gimbal?

pmacafee

So HF cannot offer any estimate when, if ever their Photoship firmware will be ready. I have an opportunity to buy a used Picloc 3X Pro, and that seems to have fewer issues than the HF Gimbal. Am I doing the right thing? Does anyone want to buy a like new HF Gimbal?

OK, so I settled down and will wait for the firmware update.

Hi all, thought I would quickly join this post and ask a question that has been on my mind for a little while. Would I be able to use the new Beta released firmware to run my Cinestar 360 Gimbal with the potentiometers being bypassed? I tried this a while ago not knowing that the board does not support this yet. I'm really keen to try it as I believe it would result in much better stability from the gimbal.

Regards,

Andre

pmacafee

hdj912;
I am a complete newbie to all of this and did some damage getting started for really stupid reasons. My 3X Pro is installed "upside down" on a mast. I mounted the HFG on the bottom of the camera platform and began some tests. Pretty soon I hade the gimbal spinning around and getting the servo wires caught in the pan gears. Then I hooked it up wrong once and the camera platform started doing barrel rolls and ripped out the USB port. I had to buy a replacement HFG from Hoverfly.

1. In the beginning, always be prepared for the 3X Pro to do something unpredictable and have a power cut-off switch in one hand as you enable each servo. For me, my left hand holds the power switch and my right hand has the mouse for the configuation program. Once you get things properly setup and get the perameters narrowed down, then it will be safe. I made a number of mistakes plugging in and re-plugging servos as I experimented and if you cross them up, the HFG will spin the wrong around and around trying to get the right leveling.