Hobbyking Lipo's.

Fat Corgi

Hey all,
I'm interested in people's opinions on the various lipo's from Hobbyking, and if there is one type that is generally considered better than the others. By better, I mean power delivery/endurance, and the number of cycles you get out of one. I fly with 4s 5000mAh packs mostly and to this date have been using the Nano-techs (mostly for their weight). I can appreciate that you will always get the bad apples within a bunch, and I'm replacing one of this now. I've heard rumours that the standard Turnigy ones are better than the Nano-Techs. But what about the Zippy's, Rhino's, A-Specs, etc. I'm not looking at spending big $ (hence HobbyKing), as these batteries are for my little Hexa that I just play with, and I will spend more money on the larger lipo's for the bigger craft.
Cheers
Corgi

Hey all,
I'm interested in people's opinions on the various lipo's from Hobbyking, and if there is one type that is generally considered better than the others. By better, I mean power delivery/endurance, and the number of cycles you get out of one. I fly with 4s 5000mAh packs mostly and to this date have been using the Nano-techs (mostly for their weight). I can appreciate that you will always get the bad apples within a bunch, and I'm replacing one of this now. I've heard rumours that the standard Turnigy ones are better than the Nano-Techs. But what about the Zippy's, Rhino's, A-Specs, etc. I'm not looking at spending big $ (hence HobbyKing), as these batteries are for my little Hexa that I just play with, and I will spend more money on the larger lipo's for the bigger craft.
Cheers
Corgi

I have several different ones and I see less puffing with the Zippy's. My Nano's have the most puffing in fact one looked like a baloney and I got rid of it. (OK,, I haven't been the best "battery parent" one can be.)

Atomic Image

Falling with style
Really bad experiences with the Nanotechs here... I have been using Zippy's Compact (4S 5000 and 6S 5000/5800) and they work perfectly. No puffing on any of my Zippy's.

dazzab

Really bad experiences with the Nanotechs here... I have been using Zippy's Compact (4S 5000 and 6S 5000/5800) and they work perfectly. No puffing on any of my Zippy's.
Same here. My larger Nanotechs are going puffy so I've moved to the Zippy compacts on my hex and quad. Working just fine.

fltundra

Good performance so far with readymaderc's, over 50 flights. 8000 mah 186.6 grams per cell.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
FC.... if you are trying to minimize battery weight relative to total capacity I seem to recall that the top of the line Thunder Power LiPos offer better amp output relative to total battery weight than most other brands.

In the past 2 years or so I have never had any issues yet with any of my 10 to 12 Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries of various voltages and capacities , no puffing etc., but have limited cycles experience and take really good care of mine. Others tried included Hyperion, eFlite and one or two Thunder Power batteries.

Hey all,
Cheers
Corgi