Hi from newbie

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
Hi all, let me first say a big thank you to all who post on this forum. It has been invaluable information for someone getting into the world of multirotor operations.

As a model heli and fixed wing flyer with many years experience to BMFA B level, I was approached by my company to investigate the possibilities and requirements for commercial AV operation. One of the UKs largest live outside broadcast company's, we are planning to have a RPAS capable of carrying a broadcast camera and live HD link operating by next March. I am taking the RPQ course run by Resource UAS.

We started off with a Phantom 1 but were frustrated by poor flight times, inadequate gimbal and oversensitivity to 'local' winds. We have now built F450 and F550 multicopters with Naza controllers. The F450 in particular has been performing exceptionally well in combination with a H3 3D gimbal. I have posted a couple of my efforts in the appropriate thread, criticism welcomed. We are planning the next step which has a wish list including 20kg TO weight and 20 minutes duration, we may have to compromise!

I would love to receive advice and opinions regarding airframes, controllers, gimbals and especially SDI input HD links.

Cheers,
Clive