Hi, from a 60 year old kid!

IRONMAN

Hi y'all, I'm from Nashville, NC . I have just retired and am loving it. Now finally I can be a kid again (I've always acted like one) and do a lot of the things I've always wanted to. I got my grown kids each a mini/micro quad for Christmas and now want one of my own. I found your forum and have been reading a lot. What I would really like is for some of y'all to give some suggestions for my first quad. I would like it to be pretty stable and easy to fly (I know, that's asking a lot) but as I said I am very new and need all the help I can get. Size doesn't matter (well, in this case it doesn't anyway) so feel free to recommend anything that fits the bill. Thanks and I appreciate any and all help.

FastCat Studio

chaos watcher
Hi Ironman, I'm new here as well! I have a SymaX5C on its way to me, should get it a week from Monday (I should have paid for express shipping)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Ironman,

Hello and welcome to MultiRotorForums.com! Here's a link to our group build thread from last year, since you're retired and have a lot of free time you might want to build something yourself and then use what you've learned to help your kids and maybe grandkids (??) through their first builds eventually.

http://multirotorforums.com/threads/group-build-dji-naza-f450-quadcopter.13431/

We're also going to be building an FPV racing quad for this year's group build which might get started in the next week or two. The FPV racing quad could be used as a learning quad as it will be simple, easy to build, and fairly inexpensive compared to a lot of other stuff you could choose to build.

For now sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!!

CDinNM

Greetings IRONMAN. Welcome to the forum, from one 60-something kid to another. I am relatively new here too. Got all my Grandkids quads, didn't think to get my adult kids quads, maybe I will see they get them too !!!

I started out using a few of the different quads I got the Grandkids, I got them all Hubsan X4's, actually they all have 2 each, a couple crash kits, a lot of spare props, spare batteries, and so forth . . This Christmas I got them all a RT Racing quad, got them the STORM Racing quad from Helipal. I also have one, that's what they all got for me . . So, now we're all geared up to go racing together.

IF you are handy with stuff, that f450 link/build Bartman put up looks like it could be FUN to build and fly. I took the time to read the whole thread a few days ago, some great info there for the do-it-yourselfer.

Enjoy the forum, it's chocked full of a lot of really good info.

CD

Last edited by a moderator:

IRONMAN

Thanks for the info guys, I did check out the build and it looks great. I am not ready for that yet but maybe after I have gotten my feet a little wetter. Also thanks for the other suggestions, I may try one of those.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum Ironman! Looks like you've found the right place for researching and exploring this great hobby. Careful though, you'll find it's VERY addicting! :)