Hoverfly HF Pro on 6s?

Tuomas P.

Hi,

It seems that the HF Pro can handle 5s battery. My motors are, however meant for 6s. Can I just take the power for the board from the flight battery´s balance port at 5s? This would be an easy solution.
If I did this, would it affect the rx power feed from one of the esc:s BEC:s ? Can´t see a reason why it would make any difference, as they are not connected in the board. The OSD will of course announce the battery as a 5s.
Anyone done this?
TP.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi,

It seems that the HF Pro can handle 5s battery. My motors are, however meant for 6s. Can I just take the power for the board from the flight battery´s balance port at 5s? This would be an easy solution.
If I did this, would it affect the rx power feed from one of the esc:s BEC:s ? Can´t see a reason why it would make any difference, as they are not connected in the board. The OSD will of course announce the battery as a 5s.
Anyone done this?
TP.

TP,
it's been discussed but I don't know if anyone's actually done it yet. i'm planning to run the same set-up you mentioned but the HF PRO board is happier with 3S than 5S if you're pulling from the balance tap.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?5810-Powering-the-board-with-6s