Hey from East Africa

barnytj

I'm English by birth, but have spent the last 12 years in various parts of East Africa.

I've been flying multirotors for several months now and am completely hooked. I do confess that there are possibly several dozen bits of rotor I have failed to find after some heroic initial crashes, but after the hard and sharp lesson that is courier fees, I am now considerably better.

I'm based in Nairobi, Kenya and am now expanding my photography business into AP.

So far I have an F450 an F550 and am impatiently waiting for a large shipment from the UK with a skyjib8 in it.

I'm running the F550 with Naza and stock motors/props, but with a not so standard Alware gimbal. I'm not as yet getting great flight endurance, but am also carrying a 600g sony camcorder. Still on 3s, so thinking of moving this one up to 4s, more powerful motors and Graupner props. Overall think the Sony camcorder to be a good mid-range solution as the optical stabilizing gets rid of all the rolling shutter I got with the GoPro.

Will start to post some photos and videos soon.. look forward to some constructive abuse..

Barny

Barny

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Barny,
Welcome to the site! Please post some footage when you're up and running (Probably a pun, though unintended, since we're talking about Kenya, no?)....it's always amazing to see the areas where people are flying multi-rotors.
Bart

barnytj

Thanks for the welcome Bart.. for an African flavour - here's a GoPro still above thousands of flamingos I got a couple of weeks back.. I'm going there again tomorrow with the kids to see if I can't get some decent video footage.

Don't fancy bird strike much, but it's an amazing site, and got to be worth the risk!

View attachment 3771

Attachments

• GOPR1230.JPG
    GOPR1230.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 125