Hextronik DT 750 mounting options

Nevr Enuf

I have a 450 frame and would like to mount Hextronik DT 750 motors to it. The motors have a crazy mount that just doesn't match the holes in the 450 frame. Am I able to get new motor mounts for this particular motor? Or will I have to rig up some crazy looking backwoods sort of thing. I don't want to ziptie the motors to the frame, that's just sleazy.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I've got a buddy who I think has these on his DJI rig. I'll see him later today and get back to you.

One thing I know for sure, you definitely do NOT want to zip tie motors to the mounts :)

tstrike

pendejo grande
If it's the standard 450 arm, I had to open up the hole for the motor bearing and was only able to catch 2 screws but it worked while I ran the i power 750's.

You could see if anyone does a 3d printed adapter like they do for some of the micro motors.

Nevr Enuf

I thought about cutting and shaping some pieces of wood, mounting the wood to the frame, and then mounting the motors to the wood. I really want a cleaner look than that but I'm thinking it's about my best option. I'd like everything held together by screws, not zip ties. Although I have seen the zip tie method and it does seem to work; I just don't want to go that route. I'll look at drilling a couple more holes in the frame to use the stock dt-750 mounts. Wouldn't it be nice if all motors had standard mounting holes? I guess I'll keep dreaming........

Attachments

• dt700.gif
    dt700.gif
    51 KB · Views: 593

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I checked out the quad - and I was mistaken. He has them on a scratch-built frame so they are bolted to the wood frame.

Sorry about that.

tstrike

pendejo grande
After looking at your picture I mis spoke, the 750's I mounted were more of the can type body where the bottom bearing is flush with the arm. If the base fits on the arm, seems like you'd have a good shot to catch a few screws even if you had to redrill the arm's mounting holes.

Nevr Enuf

After looking at your picture I mis spoke, the 750's I mounted were more of the can type body where the bottom bearing is flush with the arm. If the base fits on the arm, seems like you'd have a good shot to catch a few screws even if you had to redrill the arm's mounting holes.
I was looking at it and I can wallow out a couple holes on the frame and attach it by two screws. I think I'll probably do that. Thanks tsrike.