Hexacrafter to release x8 frames.

I'm definitely eyeballing this frame as I plot my return... between this and vulcan black widow. How easy is it to get this guy folding?

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
The arms fold with the removal of (2) bolts per arm. Please visit the website and review the assembly manual for the HQ series. The pack down is shown on the second page of the manual.
The manual will also provide you with the assembly, features and optional accessories.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm definitely eyeballing this frame as I plot my return... between this and vulcan black widow. How easy is it to get this guy folding?

I chose to make mine ridged but Andrew has included the parts to make this folding. And designed it to fit into existing cases that are easy to find.

Pumpkinguy

View attachment 25250

Do not use these to attach the tubes to the retracts. The tube will vibrate and the 2 screws holding the cup onto the retract will vibrate loose. Even when using blue loctice. Use a 35mm x 3mm screw and locknut to hold the tube in place and snug that nut down. Cheers.

Sleepy C let us know how the M5 likes it. I am looking to build a second ship and have been watching this forum. The worst on anything is attaching the gimble and seeing it shake horrible.

I never flew triples with my ship, but another guy I know flew a version of my old x8 ship with a Z15 GH4 with two 13k batteries. His efficiency was horrible in wind loaded. If you go triples it might smooth out the machine a tad, but I have read a loss in flight time as a trade off. The best scenario I have read on coax is a smaller higher pitch on the bottom. I was flying 15.5's on the machine. I looked for a 14 something for my old x8, but didn't have much luck. Any thoughts on this or prop selections out?

-Cody

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I did not notice much difference with different pitch props on top and bottom except the esc/motor temps. With the Hexacrafter X8, good stiff carbon props seem to be the best. Either Foxtech or T-motor props. This set up seems to provide the most consistent performance. The 3 blades on an X8 with the coax wind was seriously horrible. BUT they work pretty darn awesome on a flat machine. The 3 blades smoothed out my hex really well. I just think the fact that the folding property has to fight the wind coming down on the lower props makes for a problem.... But hey, this is just my opinion.
As far as the Hexacrafter frame, I can't recommend them enough. OH you want to mount that new thing to it? Andrew probably thought of that and has an attachment point, or a device to allow it... 100% top quality stuff.

Sleepy,

Make perfect sense. I like the idea of Hexacrafter. I wish there where more videos from more users. Guy on the freefly forums seems very happy with his setup. Having flown a X8 in high winds I can say they are a beast in winds.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Well here is one thing I can say for Andrew, he's probably the only company owner that will probably call you up to see how you are doing, how the rig is and how it's working out for ya. Also, the only guy where if there is something that might not be perfect, a few weeks later you get an upgrade and it is perfect.