Hexa Flight Time

Pete80

I really think the firmware update had alot to do with it, it made the motors run much smoother... I also should add, I was using apc 10x4.7 props... 20 minutes is probably a little conservative too...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

xavivo

I really think the firmware update had alot to do with it, it made the motors run much smoother... I also should add, I was using apc 10x4.7 props... 20 minutes is probably a little conservative too...

Thanks for the tip about the firmware, do you know if I can do this with the Turnigy Plush 30amp ESC? I have never heard of this mod. What advantage do I get?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Pete80

Thanks for the tip about the firmware, do you know if I can do this with the Turnigy Plush 30amp ESC? I have never heard of this mod. What advantage do I get?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1513678

This is where I got all my info from, its basically a firmware that is specific for multirotors. The main reason I got it was because on my hobbywing controllers I needed to boot up my naza first or they wouldn't all work. So it became a bit of a pain, and this upgrade worked! I did notice everything ran smoother after, didn't really get any specific flight time data but I am pretty sure it improved. Its takes a bit of time, you need yo buy an AVR programmer... and you need to be OK with a soldering iron.

Just make sure you follow the instructions so you don't fry anything...

xavivo

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1513678

This is where I got all my info from, its basically a firmware that is specific for multirotors. The main reason I got it was because on my hobbywing controllers I needed to boot up my naza first or they wouldn't all work. So it became a bit of a pain, and this upgrade worked! I did notice everything ran smoother after, didn't really get any specific flight time data but I am pretty sure it improved. Its takes a bit of time, you need yo buy an AVR programmer... and you need to be OK with a soldering iron.

Just make sure you follow the instructions so you don't fry anything...

Pete thanks for the info, I will try to flash the firmware and see how it improve. I'm sure it will work better with a firmware designed for multirotors.

Thanks again for your time.
Xavier :)

Jackella

Mines got Hobbywing 25A Escs with Thumper 1120kv motors,graupner 10-5 props,with FPV stuff and a 5300 3S batt,weighs in at 1923g.
timer set at 10mins and land by 11mins flying smooth FPV.
Hard non FPV flying gives me about 6-7mins,everything comes down luke warm.

hexaantennapics003.jpg

Pete80

Pete thanks for the info, I will try to flash the firmware and see how it improve. I'm sure it will work better with a firmware designed for multirotors.

No problem, let me know if you have any questions!

Pete

Pete80

I was just noticed on this chart that some turnigy plush controllers might have a different processor... you might want to take one apart and check before you get too far into it. Make sure it has an atmel processor or it won't work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AhR02IDNb7_MdEhfVjk3MkRHVzhKdjU1YzdBQkZZRlE

Pete

xavivo

I was just noticed on this chart that some turnigy plush controllers might have a different processor... you might want to take one apart and check before you get too far into it. Make sure it has an atmel processor or it won't work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AhR02IDNb7_MdEhfVjk3MkRHVzhKdjU1YzdBQkZZRlE

Pete

Pete,
Thanks for letting me know that, I really appreciate it!! :)

Best Regards
Xavier