KK Flight Controller Help with KK2 please

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Another member here has been asking around about a heli with the KK2 controller. Here's what he's asked

I have just put together my Bat bone tricopter
, everything is well made and fits perfect, build went well, but I can't get any activity too my yaw servo. KK2 board says (error no yaw input), and it is true nothing happens when I move the rudder stick. The throttle is great , all esc run up together calibrated, but no Yaw servo.
Help please Herschel Dee KF4TKL

Markeaye

Markeaye
I just put together a Bumblebee with a KK 2.0, and try as I will, it won't hover without forward drift, and yaws clockwise. I have gone through the P and I so many times with so many setups, my fingers are sore. Self level doesn't help much either, same pitch and yaw issues. HK blue 20 amp esc's are programed with HK's card, throttle calibration is done. Leveled with a spirit level, acc sensors calibrated. This thing is impossible to fly without self level. What have I missed? Can someone tell me, difinitively, how to alter P and I so I know whats going to happen before it happens? I see Youtube vids that say more positive P will keep it from drifting forward, and others say the oposite. everybody says what great, stable board this thing is. I'm still waiting, and I fear I will run out of ways to fix the broken parts I'm running out of.

Well, at least I got it off my chest. Can anyone help?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• hammer.jpg
    hammer.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 414

Bartman

What firmware are you running? If you're using the original 1.2 that comes on the KK2 from Hobby King, that might be your problem. Its been upgraded more than a few times. I'm personally running 1.6++ on a couple of my quads.

I hate to link to another board but http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675613 is the most comprehensive thread on KK2 issues.

I've personally invited the Kaptein to come participate here but he's got his thing going on RCG and doesn't want to branch out....oh well, right?

Stacky

He will eventually wander over Bart although his thread over there is now a number of years and there will be an emotional connection because of that. I have to say he has a great sense of humour, his youtube channel is full of funny stuff.

I've personally invited the Kaptein to come participate here but he's got his thing going on RCG and doesn't want to branch out....oh well, right?

Bartman, it's a shame if he doesn't want to join in over here as well. Based on the hammers it seems his board may not be very popular around here. That said, I like them and I hope you don't mind if I use the occasional link to help answer questions while we build up the knowledge base on the subject on this site too.

I joined up here because of the Tau Labs forum but I'm happy to help folks as I can on the KK2 since it's what I started with and still fly regularly.

Stacky

The hammers were just a joke. Lots of us use the KK2 boards, probably the best value board around. Lots of us started out with the original KK board that we had to put together ourselves from a kit with all the components loose.

The hammers were just a joke. Lots of us use the KK2 boards, probably the best value board around. Lots of us started out with the original KK board that we had to put together ourselves from a kit with all the components loose.
Well then you're light years ahead of me. Soldering on circuit boards is definitely more impressive than my builds!

Bartman

Bartman, it's a shame if he doesn't want to join in over here as well. Based on the hammers it seems his board may not be very popular around here. That said, I like them and I hope you don't mind if I use the occasional link to help answer questions while we build up the knowledge base on the subject on this site too.

I joined up here because of the Tau Labs forum but I'm happy to help folks as I can on the KK2 since it's what I started with and still fly regularly.

i generally don't mind links to the outside world since i can't keep you folks in shackles and expect you to be happy contributing members of the community. my only problem with outside links is when people are trying to troll the site for membership for another site and post links without any real reference to something happening here. if the Kaptein doesn't want to join us over here at the worldwide multi-rotor community then so be it.

so, in summary, links to keep the conversation here flowing are OK. links to build membership elsewhere, generally not OK.

FWIW, i've got a KK2 board in the FC bin but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.