help with first hexa crash

Dingus

For some reason I haven't found spec on the Avroto - but if the specs are anything close to the KDE 3520 400kv, it looks lik you should be right on the cusp of the perfect 50% hover with 15" props.

I'm curious what you mean by that

I don't find any contact information for avroto online. Neither can I find specs unfortunately.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm curious what you mean by that

I don't find any contact information for avroto online. Neither can I find specs unfortunately.

Sorry. Mean by what?

I think ink the main supplier of Avroto in the is is mondorc (or maybe they ARE avroto???). They may have some info for you.

This seems to be all about the batteries.....

eCalc is one of the better tools for predicting the optimum throttle hover position. But apparently that 50% number is a bit off for those in to aerial video work as it leaves the rig prone much more prone to wind buffeting if I recall correctly.

IMHO - Battery maintenance for larger/heavier systems demands much greater TLC, better cell voltage balancing and close monitoring of individual cell IR - internal resistance such that higher quality chargers with all the bells and whistles are needed.
Unlike the old alcohol powered systems, there is no direct way to know the remaining "fuel" level since neither the current nor the voltage provide that information directly. But the voltage level is the better way to know remaining "fuel" level.
Also the true C rating of your batteries goes down over time and there are online tools that can help you to now the most recent effective "C" rating.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
what you mean by the perfect 50% hover.

thank you, I will search for them

ideally, you want to design your MR to hover at about 50%. As Scott pointed out, it's not always a hard fast rule, but you really don't want to find yourself in a position where you hover at say, 75% or mor! and then have no headroom to lift the craft out of a jam.

Sometime companies list motor data. Other times it's missing. Knowing your motor info, thrust, amp draw, efficiency and overall weight you're trying to lift can help you achieve that hover.

I run a taranis with sensors to give me feedback for individual and overall cell measurement, as well as consumption. I also run typical timers based on my known battery capacity and how much juice I need to put back in at charge after flying. I keep track of my batteries charging cycles (time charges, rate charged, IR, % consumed etc, all on a simple excel sheet.