Help with drone settings

Seekingsummits

Hello all. Quick little bit of background: Im not brand new to flying quads but I def still have a lot to learn. Up to this point Ive just been flying inexpensive quads like an Ares Ethos QX130. I can fly that pretty well as long as the wind is low etc. I also have a Mavic Pro and am pretty proficient with it but the thing basically flies itself. I just got my first "racing" style quad. Its an Arris C250 v2 and was an RTF build that came with a Radiolink AT9S radio. Weather has been crap here but finally got a chance to go out today. Flying in Atti mode was ok and flying in manual was a complete disaster!

I know nothing about how to set up a quad, connecting to it, getting into settings etc. I can adjust trim on the radio but thats about the extent of my knowledge. My problem is I dont know what I dont know. As far as I can tell adjusting the expo on the quad for now might make learning easier, however I dont know how to do that etc. Just looking for a nudge in the proper direction of where to start learning up on this stuff. Eventually Ide love to build a quad. Ive got a full wood shop and a decent amt of electronics experience too. Not afraid of soldering some things etc but need to learn the basics of whats what if that makes sense.
Thank you in advance
Adam