Help**** Big Problems

OK, I know Im new to this forum but I have been doing a lot of reading and I just cant seem to find a lot of information on the problem I have been having.
Equipment
Flame Wheel F450
Stock Motors
Stock ESC's
4S lipo batery
Motor Extension plates
10" Blades
Spektrum 6i
Naza GPS - Which I disconnected

OK Problem: WHen taking off the quad hops up and then drops to the ground, If I mantain the throttle it will go up and down and will continue this until I get it at least 2 feet off the ground, I can than get it to hover but sometimes it will drop. I have tried various gain settings with no change. When I had this built prior to installing the extension plates the quad hovered perfectly.

Any thoughts?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Mike,

what happens when it drops to the ground the motors stop spinning completely or it goes to idle motors speed. Can you show us some pictures of your build. Placement of the components soldering etc.

Does it drop like fall like a stone of does it descend fast etc. Best would be a short video from your phone etc.

Thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
similar to this and you have the throttle stick at mid position the whole time ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ok we have to rule put what the issue is baro sensor or not. Do you feel comfortable to fly it in manual mode and keep it hovering infront of you ? See if it behaves the same. If it does it's ESCs or wiring powerloss somewhere. If it doesn't there is something with your baro sensor. Can you post a close picture were the naza is mounted ?

OK let me try, the NAZA is mounted in the middle of the bottom plate and pointed the correct direction. This did work fine before and I never moved the NAZA

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Also hook it up to the assistant and look if you can see any jumps in the throttle slider if you keep your throttle stick in mid position !

tstrike

pendejo grande
I guess some of the new naza's have a thinner plastic case and the barometer is affected by light, so guys are adding dark tape to the sides of the box.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Okay either the baro sensor has an issue or there is something disturbing the baro sensor or blocking it to get the right pressure ! We can't read out data from the naza baro sensor so there is no direct way to check. It could be that extending the arms motors whatever causes a under pressure scenario arround the naza. You can keep on testing by placing the naza somewhere different on the frame or putting some foam arround it to block direct prop wash that might disturb it.

Did you buy it with one of the big resellers. I would send the video to who ever you bought it from and tell them that the baro seems to have an issue ! Tell them te story that in manaul it acts normal

tstrike

pendejo grande
Before you move it, try putting a piece of electrical tape along the side of the naza box, and check your extension wires again.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'm getting something much worse on my hoverfly sport, which has NO baro sensor. It also flew perfectly well the day before. All of the sudden things started acting up. It seems to all look normal with the exception of the assistant artificial horizon but hoverfly's software is so slow on the refresh speeds it hard to tell sometimes. when the heli gets mor than a few inches a bove ground it just jumps up hard! IN the video I was scared to give it any more than I did as it kept crashing the heli.

Last edited by a moderator: