Hello Hello

Csdnet

Hello all,

Just dropping in to say hello, names Chris an I'm form the "Valleys" in South Wales, a small town called Aberdare. I'm new to multirotors but loving it!

Chris

Csdnet

There defo is :) but I'm still learning lol so open spaces are probably a good thing :) where about a are you from?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com Chris, we're glad you found us! Take some time to check out the site and feel free to jump right in when you're ready.
Bart

Csdnet

Thankyou very much Bartman, I will definitely be getting involved as I'm still looking for tips on flying lol :)

Csdnet

Hi Crayfellow,

I'm currently flying a Storm Gps naza lite drone. Hoping to be purchasing the SRD 250 in the next couple of days :) how about yourself?

crayfellow

I have an R&D project to study conservation, forestry, and agricultural applications of UAS's. I am flying a 250 quad (Blackout Mini H, cc3d), DIY wooden tricopter (FliteTest Electrohub, Pixhawk), and a lifter hex (QuadFrame foldable pro SIXcopter, Pixhawk).

Csdnet

That sounds awsome!, thinking of trying to build my next quad myself but still looking about. I really want to try the new OpenPilot revo nano flight controller :)

crayfellow

me too! I really like the OpenPilot ground station app too. If I can manage to get a nano I will try it on the Blackout, since I don't think I'll ever be quite the pilot it deserves. GPS would make it simpler for me to fly.

Csdnet

Let me know how it goes, I like gps for just pottering about or filming but I do enjoy non gps flight as it's more challenging :)

crayfellow

yeah - for me flying a racing quad feels like driving a car with a learner's permit on the freeway - right on the edge of disaster pretty much the entire time! Maybe one day I'll get over the hump.