Hello from Western Massachusetts

jbrumberg

Honestly Scott I got really frustrated when I hit that snow pile after I hit a bush. I automatically kill throttle on the Tx- it's a habit that I picked up from my heli's. I do not know if it is good or bad for quads; I just do it automatically without thinking at some point before the crash. As to re-calibrating those ESC's, I did not think that it was necessary, but that first lift off something was not right- minimal control. There was some wind at that point and it could have just been coincidence and bad timing. I should check my wind strip chart to see if it was just wind issues, There were some 20 mph gusts here at some point today. Other things that I need to consider. The motor I replaced was motor #1 and the KK board is powered off the motor #1 ESC, so maybe this was a factor. I can tell you this- the next time I replace a motor I will recalibrate the ESC's as a precaution. I am happy the ending was a successful one, and the weather looks promising as well for the NE CONUS.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It definitely can't hurt. I should do the same to mine since I swapped the bad shaft motor. I feel guilty because I watched a perfectly good day pass me by today. Sun, little wind, and no charged batteries!!!! I had to be at the shop, and that needs to take priority - but damn!!! First day in FOREVER that my hands wouldn't freeze off!!!!

jbrumberg

My mailbox is like my poor head and my house- filled to overflowing. I cleaned out the mailbox. I intend to vacuum the house today even though wifey will not be back for about another two weeks. There is nothing that I can do about my poor head.