Hello from Switzerland

HighFlyCam

Hi everybody
my name is stefan, i live in geneva - switzerland and work as a freelance photographer since 1998, mainly in fun sports, but also landscape and architecture. i started to fly model airplanes more than 30 years ago.
in 2011, i combined these fields of interest and started an aerial photography and filming business which is doing quite well. after a rather bumpy start with a ****y french hexacopter i switched to a freefly cs8 which is now my main workhorse. i also use a customized f-550 for some jobs where the cs 8 is to big and am currently building up a tarot t-810 to have a copter for remote locations. as i kept coming to this forum for informations, i thought it would be fair to subscribe......

HighFlyCam

Attachments

• HFC-Drones-2014-090.JPG
    HFC-Drones-2014-090.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 351
    102.3 KB · Views: 162
  • HFC-CS8-5-2013-0086 Kopie.jpg
    HFC-CS8-5-2013-0086 Kopie.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 198

rccairo

HI Stefan
Where do you fly in Geneva? i find very difficult to find a place to fly away from the airport. it will be much appreciated if you could direct me to the wright place
Thanks

HighFlyCam

hi rccairo
i fly mostly for professional reasons and therefore i get the permits needed to fly within the 5km zone around the airport upon request from skyguide, the air space surveillance authority of switzerland. if i want to do recreational flights, i fly in genevas backcountry towards choulex, jussy and other rural communities on the left side ( east shore) of the lake. otherwise you might become a member of one of the aeromodellers clubs like the one in athenaz
hope that helps.

happy flights
stefan

Wow~~~you've been flying model airplanes for more than 30 years? That's awesome! You must be a pro. Could I ask you some simple questions? What kind of battery you usually use? How much capacity and C rate would be the best choice for the F550 ? :)