Hello from Oregon

Mattmesa

I am Matt and I am new to Multirotors, my first was a simple F180 micro quad and since then I have built a Hobbyking Thorax mini hexacopter. I chose to go budget build and I am actually still waiting for my osd board and CCD camera. I have a mobius I am using for my FPV. I built a hexacopter just because I am looking at the business aspect but I chose a mini because the racing videos are just to cool, who doesn't want to fly through the trees or abandoned buildings?

droneup

The idea of doing a self-build feels a bit overwhelming to me - are you a technical person by nature? What made you go the DIY route rather than with a ready-made model?

Mattmesa

I have been an electronic hobbyist since I was a kid, but even I get overwhelmed, I did find lots of information through Youtube and various forums. Anytime I try to do something, I first learn as much as possible. One reason is I am on a budget, secondly, it is the greatest feeling to make something from parts and have it work.

droneup

I like your philosophy! Do you have any images/videos from abandoned buildings you can share? I could watch those on YouTube for hours!