Hello, from big D

rcflyerheli

Hello, everyone. Just found this forum, and got signed up, so I thought I'd just take a moment to introduce myself.

I've been in modeling since I was about 4, and since I just reached official Medicare age, I guess that would qualify me as a legitimate "Old Fart" I have participated in a lot of areas of modeling over the years, and just a tad over 3 years ago, got started flying helis. About a year ago, I built my first multi rotor, a DJI F550. Since then, I have built an additional 2 units, and worked with both the Naza and Wookong for the 550s. I recently finished a S800EVO with a Zenmuse Z15N and the new A2 controller. My latest project is the new S1000 with the A2, Z15 and the new Lightbridge setup. Everything has been pre-ordered, and am just waiting on DJI to release and ship everything.

Also, for Christmas, my great wife presented me with a CYE Stingray. I have just finished the build and done the maiden, but that is as far as the weather and family commitments have let me go. Today was a great day for flying, but unfortunately I had to get a bunch of honey-doos completed. I thought when I retired I was gonna have all this free time-NOT. I got a call from my son last week wanting to know if I would build my grandsons a new bunk bed set. Not just a bed frame on 4 legs, but this one is gonna have stairs on the end, and raised panel storage drawers throughout. Fortunately, I am an engineer by degree, so I have just finished getting the plans drawn up for this thing. I suppose I'll get started on the build while I'm waiting on the new S1000.

That's it in a nutshell. I will be happy to hear from everyone, and will try to help where I can, but I gotta admit, all this fancy electronics stuff has me scratching my old bald head sometimes. Mechanical stuff, I think I can help, but electronics, well, I'm just getting my feet wet.

jbrumberg

Rcflyerheli- Welcome. You have a pretty awesome skill set for getting your feet wet. You have a pretty nice wife too.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Ha! When I read this I was wondering why you would start your introduction telling us you were a model since the age of 4. Now I get what you meant by modeling. :)

rcflyerheli

Ha! When I read this I was wondering why you would start your introduction telling us you were a model since the age of 4. Now I get what you meant by modeling. :)

Yeh, not that kind of modelling.:tennis: My Dad and I would start building a balsa model (the kind that came preprinted on a sheet of balsa, not diecut even), and somewhere in the process, he would get mad about something, and toss everything in the trash, but about a week later he would bring home another kit and we would repeat the process. I think we (I) finally got one built when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade. From that point on, he just let me build them.

My definition of "expert" is : "A big drip that used to be". Really, I am more than glad to try to help if I can. One thing I don't do is BS on a subject, I try not to put out any false info.

Last edited by a moderator: