?H8 copter design idea??

Danub

I am thinking about a build for 2013 centered around a brushless gimbal holding a nex5n.
What I imagined is an H8? (xy8 type copter but in an h layout) with a lower top to bottom profile than I currently see. Maybe 8-12" from ground to top.
I am thinking much like a QAV500 layout with the gimbal hanging off of the front holding a nex5n and batteries out the back to balance.
I hope this would give a much faster and agile well balanced copter for action shots
Is this idea crazy?? Is there a frame like this anywhere on the market? I'm no designer and have no cnc equip or experience, just a dream.

Danub

I think the center plates would need to be 5-6" wide to fit the gimbal with 1-1.5" on each side of the stack for gimbal motors/mounts etc.
Maybe 18-22" long for the plates depending on the angle of the arms coming out.
If the plates for the stack were 6x22" would the g10 or CF be too flexible? Could it be made thicker to mitigate this?
I need to learn CAD to better visualize what is in my mindseye.

Will having the a camera (nex5n) hanging off of one end of the copter and battery/s out the other end to balance act negatively in fast forward flight??
In my mind I am trying to keep as much mass within a 4-5" vertical space instead of a large stack of mass? I am hoping to keep most of the mass inside of the motor area both horizontally and vertically. This thought is so the mass is not leveraged when the copter is at an angle. Is this a flawed way of thinking?