H3-3D Gimbal Dead After Crash

mjp123

Crashed the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal the other day. When it crashed the connector on the 8-pin cable broke where it connects to the gimbal. I replaced the cable and also replaced the anti-interference board but the gimbal is still dead. When I power up the phantom the gimbal just sits there. There is no LED lit like i've seen on some other posts. When I try to view it in the DJI Assistant software the gimbal doesn't show up under the upgrade tab. I have tried plugging in directly to the phantom board and not using the anti-interference board but that didn't make a difference either. I have also tried to short out the 2 pins on the gimbal backplane to do the hard reset but that didn't work(never got the red/yellow LED). I also took the gimbal apart the check where the connector is mounted to the circuit board but theres no obvious damage there?

Anyone have any other suggestions I could try? Has anyone ever had to replace the main board on the Phantom 2(P330CB Board) ?

There is a pic attached of what I have in the DJI Assistant software.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• P2.png
    P2.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:

pilotwings

Have a look at this video, it might be that, if not, just sell it on ebay, or keep it for parts (if you intend on buying another)

mjp123

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that and unfortunately it was no help. I do not even have the green LED when the phantom is powered up. I'm worried that something on the main board(P330CB) inside the phantom where the gimbal connects may be damaged. The wires could have possibly shorted something out when the connector was broke. I'd hate to buy a new gimbal then find out it's something else thats damaged.

pilotwings

If its nothing mechanical, you might get lucky and you could simply replace the board inside with a broken one on ebay, if it were me, I would stick it on ebay, sell it for what you can and simply buy another.
These days if I break something, I just scrimp for a month or two, I don't eat out as much, I avoid spending needlessly and I put the money towards re-buying what I broke, it softens the blow a bit.

Just be grateful your 3D gimbal costs £250 and not £2000+ like the big guns use.