Gremsy gstabi H3

k5beason

The good news is my GH4's port turns out to be OK. I don't know what was going on, I couldn't get anything but noise out of it yesterday. Cable checks out, port checks out, Lightbridge 2 is working, so I guess all is well. Maybe the thing I didn't do yesterday was power cycle everything once I had the problem.

So for tuning, I upped the gain (config->expert) to 145. Then I tuned the stiffness settings as best I could (35, 60, 110 for my GH4 and 12mm Oly lens). I have not done anything with the gyro/filter settings.

I hope Gremsy deals with this in firmware updates. I know it isn't vibes (these wobbles are very low frequency). Honestly, I'm pretty fine with things as they are right now. I almost always post stabilize anyway. The gimbal is very convenient to use, and the occasional wobbles are easily cured with a little post stabilization. I see this a bit like horizon drift. Wish it were not there, but I can deal with it. I'm just going to use this thing and enjoy it. I know I can get good footage, and I don't have a problem I can't fix in post.
Have you updated to 3.1.1? I know that was to address the issue you are seeing.

Hello all,

I've reviewed my footage taken with the h3 and the GH4 so far and yes I have some small bounces on tilt too. It's very gentle and you really have to look closely but it is there, so it seems to be a problem that all our gimbals are having and not one that is due to settings.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hello Gremsy!

It seems you posted about a fix for the issues that some of these users are having - but then you deleted it. It would be helpful if you post something here about the fixes you think might help all the users here.

Thanks.

econfly

Consistent with the post that was deleted above, I have more luck with heavier setups. For example, the GH4 and Pany 12-35 lens at 12mm has less bounce -- much better -- than the GH4 with a 12mm Oly (a very light lens). I was really wondering why I had much better luck with the Sony A7Rii than then GH4 even when shooting at greater effective zoom on the Sony (35mm on full frame vs. 12mm on the Gh4). Again, I think the answer is weight.

SamaraMedia

Wasn't aware that the S1000 is such a heavy Multirotor. What flight times do you get out of the 21000mAh batteries?
I'm flying my H3 with a X8 and a 12000mAh battery which is good for about 20 minutes of flight and the hole copter with the h3 and a GH4 is under 6 kilos.
But to get back on topic, I do really like how the h3 is performing so far. Only have a couple of flights in light wind on it though.

What frame are you using? From the same manufacturer as the gimbal, Rosewhite?

Mike Foyle

Hi guys.

Really interesting to hear about your experiences with this gimbal so far. I'm thinking of buying one so that I can carry a Sony A7rii and A7sii with my S900. I currently fly a GH4 using the Z15 gimbal from Zenmuse.

I'm wondering, those who have successfully flown with this gimbal, have you been able to route things like the video feed and shutter release cables through the gimbal allowing 360 pan? Or do you have no choice but to run long cables thereby limiting your movement?

I would love a gimbal with the same kind of control and routing as the Zenmuse ones but so far there are no options for this camera at all and I do like the thought of having some flexibility with regard to what I can mount on there.

I'd love to hear from those of you with experience using this gimbal...

Mike

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'd be worried about hitting the weight limit with a A7ii and a decent lens. I have the Gremsy H6 and it does great with a GH4 and a FAT piece of glass, but that 3lb limit is pretty low.

What sucks for me is the H3 and H16 both have slip rings on the pan, the H6 does not. Heck they added Canbus support for the H3 and the H16 but not the H6.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Foyle

I'd be worried about hitting the weight limit with a A7ii and a decent lens. I have the Gremsy H6 and it does great with a GH4 and a FAT piece of glass, but that 3lb limit is pretty low.

What sucks for me is the H3 and H16 both have slip rings on the pan, the H6 does not. Heck they added Canbus support for the H3 and the H16 but not the H6.

:(

Hi mate, thanks for your reply. How do you find the Gremsy gimbals in general? I think I should be ok in terms of weight on the H3. The body weighs just over 600grams which leaves around 1kg for a lens. I don't need any really heavy glass. For the most part I would be using an FD 24mm lens.

I'm really really tempted by the H3.. But I've not talked to many people who have flown with these gimbals. The alternative really is to wait until Zenmuse release a gimbal for the A7ii bodies.

Another alternative that I've looked at is the InfinityMR gimbal. Has anyone used this one?

Best,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

daniel

hi,
Really nice Rig!! may i ask, how are you getting the video out from the GH4? what video transmitter system are you using?

thnks for your time

Daniel

Wasn't aware that the S1000 is such a heavy Multirotor. What flight times do you get out of the 21000mAh batteries?
I'm flying my H3 with a X8 and a 12000mAh battery which is good for about 20 minutes of flight and the hole copter with the h3 and a GH4 is under 6 kilos.
But to get back on topic, I do really like how the h3 is performing so far. Only have a couple of flights in light wind on it though.
7a6efce6e4022f629a331c02249c1183.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture quality only had my mobile on hand to take the picture.

hi,
Really nice Rig!! may i ask, how are you getting the video out from the GH4? what video transmitter system are you using?

thnks for your time

Daniel
Hello Daniel,

thank you very much.
I'm using the Amimon Connex. You can see it above the camera. It is that silver piece mounted to the gimbal. I am running the gimbal, camera and video downlink completly separate from the copter. There is one lipo at the back of the gimbal that provides power for the camera, the downlink, the gimbals receiver (which also controls the shutter cable) and the gimbal itself. There is no electrical connection between the copter and the gimbal, so that I can pan indefinitly and don't have to disconnect anything when taking the gimbal of. Furthermore I am able to use the video downlink when using the gimbal in handheld mode, which is quite convenient.

daniel

Hello Daniel,

thank you very much.
I'm using the Amimon Connex. You can see it above the camera. It is that silver piece mounted to the gimbal. I am running the gimbal, camera and video downlink completly separate from the copter. There is one lipo at the back of the gimbal that provides power for the camera, the downlink, the gimbals receiver (which also controls the shutter cable) and the gimbal itself. There is no electrical connection between the copter and the gimbal, so that I can pan indefinitly and don't have to disconnect anything when taking the gimbal of. Furthermore I am able to use the video downlink when using the gimbal in handheld mode, which is quite convenient.

thanks a lot for the info, thats a perfect setup.!!!