Greetings from just south of Seattle, WA

Nigel C

Moved out to Seattle about 7 years ago, having spent 30 years just outside Boston. Having fun being a software quality engineering manager for a large company (no, not that one) (no, nor that one) during the day.

Over a dozen years ago, a co-worker got me hooked on r/c helicopters. I made my way through an assortment of Blade CP Helicopters, which landed in pieces in a variety of garden beds, bushes and the decorative water feature in my back yard. I was hooked.

Moved up to a Blade 400 (well, more than one -- the helicopter-eating bushes still lurked in wait) and from there to a Blade 450. As I got older, it became increasingly difficult to see the tiny little screws and other fiddly bits that make up the head assembly of such a beast.

Always had a keen interest in robotics, and got seduced by the Arducopter 1.0. Discovered that it was easier to adjust these quadcopters -- there were no parts that required tweezers, a magnifying glass and a steady hand to adjust.

Managed to bust my quad last summer, so just now bought a DJI flamewheel F450, and am looking to get back into adventures aloft!

Looking forward to activity on these forums -- could be fun.

DDAYZ

Hey Nigel,
I am from Yakima... and just getting in to the Mutlirotor quadcopters and droning. I found my new lifetime hobby! Nice to find a NW connection. I am a lifetime resident. I am currently trying to keep a little ZMR 250 up in the air and loving the pit time! I met a guy from Idaho that had built his own Hex recently and it was impressive! I look forward to more chats.
Sean