Great F-550 Build By Robert

Warlock

Hi everybody, I wanted to let you know that if your thinking of having your DJI what ever built by a professional, DJIUSA is a good place to go. I had noticed that Robert was tough to get a hold of lately and frankly was a bit frustrated. Talked to him on the phone this morning and he advised me that he has been relocating to have a better place of operation to do his builds. He is about there now. Some of you may think thats its a little weak to not build your machine your self, and honestly I think it is too. After all, when you build something your self, you have a darn good idea of how to fix it when "if" it messes up on ya.

But this is my 4th copter. I have a Walkera MX 400, "my first quad" and it was an expensive toy not for any kind of serious camera work or serious anything. Bought a Turbo Ace X830s, and it was really expensive thought it looked up to the mark. Un fortunitly, it uses Xaircraft electronics which are bottom of the barrel for sure, I did not know that untill it was too late. Not knowing better, I did some research on Xaircraft stuff, and stupidly went to Jeffery at Xaircraft USA. This guy is so full of crap its running over on the ground but man can he sell!

Bought the X-650 V-4 with the V-2 hard ware not the V-1 that was in my Turbo Ace which was even more usless. After a short time Jeffery talked me into converting it to the V-8 saying it would be so much better, and that if it lost a motor it would still fly, all total BS! All it did was use more power and shorten flight time.

I got the whole package with Auto Pilot, GPS, compass etc. I will say that if it works, its not too bad. Just dont hit return to home. It wont land its self, but once or twice it did more or less come back in my direction, but more times than I want to remember, it went crazy and took of for parts un known. if you turn off RTH in flight, its all over it will freak out and flip over and dump its self hard. I have spent well over $2000.00 in the initial buy and all the rebuild parts I needed. A total horror story I wont go into further.

After hearing how so many people were having a great time with the DJI machines, I went for a F-550 hexa with WKM electronics. I had spent a small fortune on all the other crap I bought and with crap results to go with it. This is the reason I am so long winded here. I wanted to explain why this time I just didnt not want to chance anything. So I bought the best of everything and had a pro build and set up everything. I sent Robert by JR 11X transmitter with a new receiver and asked Robert to set that up to so that when I got this all back it would be as well tested and thought out as what I thought was possible.

It is! What a night and day total difference. This machine is awesome and is solid and stable as anything could be. " I hope I dont jinx my self " Bottom line, if you want the best possible out come and your not an expert or even close to one, Robert at DJIUSA will make your day for you and believe me, when all you have had is bad luck and dissapointment, Roberts, way is the only way to go. No I dont work for him! :nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

Search49

Search49
I have to agree with you 100%, I also have two Xaircraft models, I'm chalking it up to a learning experience. I am considering the Xaircraft units as a costly, but informative learning lesson. I can't get pissed, apparently numerous people have made the same mistake. You live and learn. I'm not going to ditch the Xaircraft units, because I still believe that there is some hope for them. My X450 Pro flies alot better than the X4. I also converted my X4 to a X8, and that lasted about a week. And the only reason I did that was because I got a sweet deal on 6 additional motors and esc's along with the GPS & Compass ($350) brand new never installed. The X450 Pro is a good unit, but it lacks space for expansion, with its current setup. I'm working on modifying the base plates to some larger ones, to add more equipment.

But every cloud has a silver lining! I decided I am placing a order for the DJI F-550 also with the WKM Electronics Tuesday morning. Things can only get better.

Shawn

Xaircraft X650 v4
Xaircraft X450 Pro

Warlock

I have to agree with you 100%, I also have two Xaircraft models, I'm chalking it up to a learning experience. I am considering the Xaircraft units as a costly, but informative learning lesson. I can't get pissed, apparently numerous people have made the same mistake. You live and learn. I'm not going to ditch the Xaircraft units, because I still believe that there is some hope for them. My X450 Pro flies alot better than the X4. I also converted my X4 to a X8, and that lasted about a week. And the only reason I did that was because I got a sweet deal on 6 additional motors and esc's along with the GPS & Compass ($350) brand new never installed. The X450 Pro is a good unit, but it lacks space for expansion, with its current setup. I'm working on modifying the base plates to some larger ones, to add more equipment.

But every cloud has a silver lining! I decided I am placing a order for the DJI F-550 also with the WKM Electronics Tuesday morning. Things can only get better.

Shawn

Xaircraft X650 v4
Xaircraft X450 Pro

And better it WILL BE! Prepare your self for a totaly new flying experience, one that will build confidence. And man I admit, to having no confidence at all after Xaircraft hell. Even so, its going to take me a little while to overcome the beating I took financially and emotionally.

Congrat to your new addition to your hanger.

Since its built by a professional, it must be well tuned. DJI's product performed flawlessly especially with position hold and alt hold.

Can you please do me a favour? Do a full command YAW stick left or right, and see how your craft behavor.
See if it can rotate flatly on its axis, or there are some instability .....

Kindly post your results. As i am struggling to find what is the cause to my YAW problem.

Warlock

Congrat to your new addition to your hanger.

Since its built by a professional, it must be well tuned. DJI's product performed flawlessly especially with position hold and alt hold.

Can you please do me a favour? Do a full command YAW stick left or right, and see how your craft behavor.
See if it can rotate flatly on its axis, or there are some instability .....

Kindly post your results. As i am struggling to find what is the cause to my YAW problem.

Yes sir, I was just out there testing the new graupners and I did a full left stick shove to the left and right. It sits level and spins nicely. I have my gains controllable from the transmitter, with the wheels on back . The left one controls yaw left and right and pitch forward and backward. The right wheel controls the verticle axis up and down. I run mine in the center where it beeps at me normally. And if the wind gets up push them up to about 3/4. But I didnt set it up Robert did. I dont yet know the values.

It slides nicely with left and right aeileron as well and loses no altitude.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, new build shop is all setup and running smooth.

We are doing a lot of S800's with WKM and/or landing gear built for a very small fee. Basically, we have these built and sitting on shelf to ship the same day. Also, fully test flown etc.

Have some very nice ATA "Roadie" travel cases (telescoping handle and wheels) that fit the S800 case and Landing gear (with or without gimbal) and not having to take apart. They should be here within 2 weeks. I'll post some pics. Of course, there are also the expensive and large Pelican cases that fit the same and are water proof (just a little on the heavy side), I have on in stock right now.

Same with the F550 ARF with Naza/GPS or WKM.

I have to pay my techs so they might as well be building instead of sitting there getting paid doing nothing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

X450pro & x650v8 versus DJI 550

I started with a 450pro. It seemed to fly ok and opted for a 650 v8 GPS Compass etc for the extra capacity of the carriage of a camera.

I have just bought a 550 with naza and GPS.....

The DJI 550 Naza combination is fantastic. No other word for it, it is just the best by a mile! It's more stable, deals with wind well and is awesome. I would avoid DJI motors and props and spend the extra money on decent motors with Graupner props

If I was starting from new I would have skipped XAircraft and gone straight for the 550 with NAZA and GPS combo