GPS Flying today

maxwelltub

good call, the naming convention we have assigned for the time and space we occupy today definitely is a cosmic factor in sun flares.

mangoats

Man that's some good information. I would make a suggestion for a new thread sticky about this type of info. There could be some type of regular check for the day into this information and if it's a good ideal to fly that day.

People always wonder why they have issues sometimes while flying, but never think about outside forces that can have a huge impact on their vehicles.

Thanks, Chirs

Rhino

I'm a believer ...

People always wonder why they have issues sometimes while flying, but never think about outside forces that can have a huge impact on their vehicles.

Thanks, Chirs

...I'm a believer...! Couldn't get GPS lock today, only spurious satellite contacts ... more than usual transmitter frames dropped ...

Rhino.

dazzab

I have an app on my iPhone called 3D Sun that sends me a SMS in the event of serious solar activity that could effect communications. Works great.

Av8Chuck

It took much longer than usual to get GPS lock this afternoon. I didn't read the whole article, did it mention how long this would last? Will be interesting to see how long GPS lock takes when it returns to normal...