GPS Data from Naza M V2

jjspike

Good-day,

i am very new to the hobby and just picked up a Naza M V2 today. I was hoping there was a way to capture GPS data from the unit so I can send it back to my custom ground station application. I would like to collect this data and display it on a map in real time and also have it available for post-flight review. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

JJ

jjspike

Absolutely. In following links within the thread, I found a thread which discussed a Arduino based solution that directly read the serial output of the Naza GPS unit and included a diagram showing the connection of the GPS to the Arduino. I will be taking the pinout details and use the code provided to create alternate solution that sends location information to a ground station via a 900MHz 3DR radio. The ground stations will most likely be an Android device that will take this information and display it via a Google Earth map/view. Here is the thread that I was referring to. See the first post as it contain all necessary details:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2010660

Let me know if you are interested in something similar and have anything that may help myself and others out.

Thanks!

JJ

Jj,
Could you share what you found?