Good vibrations???

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That's a bit weird. Up and down could be different with the end point issue (servo fighting to go up with no room to move but fine when down), but if removing the gimbal fixes it - I'm at a loss.

Have you flown with gimbal and standard style landing gear?

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
That's a bit weird. Up and down could be different with the end point issue (servo fighting to go up with no room to move but fine when down), but if removing the gimbal fixes it - I'm at a loss.
Maybe it is the gimbal that is in the way for the retracting landingear.

Have you flown with gimbal and standard style landing gear?
They are servo less retracts. Recently switched gimbals. Was using the cheesy cnc style gimbal. Bought a sweet carbon fiber gimbal and it's been acting up since. Really reluctant to switch back to the cnc. The carbon fiber has more clearance from the bottom plate of the copter( less likely to catch props in the camera frame) maybe by 1 cm or 2.

I'll have to check the weight on both gimbals and will switch back to cnc tomorrow to test if it's the carbon fiber gimbal or not. Had the copter for about 3 months. Ton of upgrades. Maybe it's time to just bump up to a tarot hex... Will also post some pictures to clear the air up. I know it has nothing to do with the "servos".

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Ah. Servoless should definitely take care of the servo theory :)

You're on the right track eliminating one thing at a time. Im sure you'll narrow it down, and pics might help spark some better theories here.

Ah. Servoless should definitely take care of the servo theory :)

You're on the right track eliminating one thing at a time. Im sure you'll narrow it down, and pics might help spark some better theories here.
well i sort of fixed the problem. went and bought a tarot 650 kit. upgrading motors 3508 580 kv 3-4s. confused on the equation for the proper esc. only lifting a go pro. any tips?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Unfortunately those motors are not a good fit for that frame. The max prop size is 10-11" I think. And the motors want a 12" minimum. They won't spin a smaller prop fast enough to give you the lift you need. I don't know if it's impossible, but not recommended.

The data on the SS 3508 580 starts at a 12" prop.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Unfortunately those motors are not a good fit for that frame. The max prop size is 10-11" I think. And the motors want a 12" minimum. They won't spin a smaller prop fast enough to give you the lift you need. I don't know if it's impossible, but not recommended.

The data on the SS 3508 580 starts at a 12" prop.
The datasheet for the Sunnysky 3508 580kv starts with APC 12x3.8 props. You can propably use 11" props if they have large enough pitch (like APC 11x5.5).
But you still won't get more than about 900 gram of thrust from them. A smaller, faster motor would probably do a better job with a 11" prop.