Goal: Have a Cinestar 8 ready to take to South Africa in January!

Copterr

After picking my jaw up off the floor at the end of watching this video: https://vimeo.com/49484105 I became a fan of Yonder Blue Films and have been inspired to seek to capture the same feel that they bring to aerial video.

I've been flying a Blade MQX every week to build skills and want to take it to the next level. I'm going on vacation in a few months to Cape Town, South Africa and want to have a Cinestar 8 built and ready to go so I can get some awesome footage to show you guys!

Could you help me flesh out all the components I will need to do this? Figuring out every little piece I need to pick up is the most intimidating piece of this undertaking for me.

I have purchased a Futaba Radio Controller (I will be doing single operator)

What I know I need so far:

Cinestar 8 Frame kit (they recommend building it yourself)
Cinestar 3 axis gimbal
Hoverfly Pro flight controller.
GH2 Camera (hacked)

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for your help, Yonder Blue Films said that this community was very helpful and supportive so I'm excited to be joining you guys in this awesome hobby!

bensid54

This is a good website for info but you are going to have to keep in mind this hobby is very young so you may be blazing some of your own trails. Some questions 1. How many channels is your Futaba radio? 2. Do you have a GPS capable controller? 3. Do you have a 10KG or twenty pound scale and prop balancer? 4. Have you ever programmed any machinery using a computer? 5. Can you use a soldering iron and hand tools? Give us some more info and we can help, sometimes you need to start your build and ask questions as you go along.