Give some advice to a newcomer?

Hello! I'm looking to put together my first quadrotor (or any flying vehicle for that matter) using the KK2 board and the hobbyking x666 frame. I'm hoping that somebody on here will be kind enough to fill in these unknowns for me, keeping in mind that I would like big props and a higher than average thrust to weight ratio for future payload adaptations.
I need:
-proper motors
-proper props
-proper battery
-a GOOD controller/receiver with PLENTY of extra channels
and anything else you'd like to add advicewise to a newcomer. I thank all of you in advance for any reply.

Pumpkinguy

I'm thinking he meant that once the vortex sucks you in and you start ordering stuff this hobby is a bottomless pit in which to throw your money. Lol.

This is my advise. First, check the build logs on this site and see if someone has built a similar set up. Or google x666 builds. That will give you an idea of component selection. (Calculations will have already been done) You need to figure out what your needs are and what you want to spend.
Needs: flight time, payload capacity (what camera etc)
Learn to use ecalc. http://www.ecalc.ch you can play with this all day inputting different battery/motor/prop combos and it will show you approximate flight times etc. playing with that will teach you a lot. For example it will show you how after a certain battery size you get to a point of diminishing returns.
Also, look in the classifieds here daily. Lots of guys buy stuff for builds that never happen and sell the parts at below cost. Also, lots of good used stuff.

Hood49

Have you been flying multirotors before? I not, it is better to buy a small rtf quad and start learning (only 30 bucks on Banggood).
Agree with Pumpkin: look around on YouTube. There are lots of build and tutorials. Try to copy one of those for your first build.
You also need to get all the peripheral materials: Solder, heat shrink, wires, tape, good workbench, tools,...

Pumpkinguy

I was going to suggest rtf. It will definitely be cheaper but for some guys (myself included) learning, designing and building is 90% of the fun.