Gimbal Control Advice

nedders1980

Evening all, i'm totally new to the game and have just built my first Quad... i'm just looking for some advice/links to some 3 axis gopro fitting gimbals that i can control the tilt on. I'm happy to have the pan controlled by the nose of the craft but I really want to control the tilt...if you can point me in the right direction and maybe a guide on setting up the controller i'd be really greatful.

Cheers

Nedders

nedders1980

Have you got it set up so you can control the tilt from the Tx? I have the FY Mini Pro 3D and I am struggling to get tilt control from the Tx

nealj4

yes of course. I wired the tilt motor to Aux 2 channel on my Spektrum receiver which is my Knob ( potentiometer) . ( brown wire is neg, red wire not connected, org wire on Tarot goes to yellow on receiver pigtail. Then into your radio settings to your Aux 2 settings ( if that is the channel you end up using on your radio) and experiment to get the range of motion you want. I have mine set so the camera will point a little above horizontal ,about 10 degrees, to then pointing straight down with about 3/4 of a turn of the knob. Then just experiment on the bench with the settings in the Assistant Software for the gimbal. Initial angle, angle limit, motor torque etc. to program the gimbal to your liking . I had a little trouble getting the software to install on my computer and getting connected to the gimbal but with some patience you'll get it.