XAircraft Getting ready for new Pro version

jfro

Aerial Fun
Flew today in ATT & GPS mode. Little wind, but not bad. Flew with 2 batteries, but haven't put the gimbal on, so still about 3lbs light. ore First flight the GPS took a minute or more to find the satellites. Subsequent times it was fast after just changing battery. Few hours later, minute or so to find satellites. Subsequent battery changes found them real fast. Had 1 instance in the air with GPS enabled, where I was coming back around from being rotated 180's, ie, the led was on other side and not viewable, as I was yawing around and LED came back into view, I saw a quick red flash then back to green. I switched to att and then back to GPS. LED stayed solid on GPS. Something to watch...

Very easy to fly and pretty impressed. Easy to fly in GPS, but in ATT mode, it's smoother.

When I'm slow moving it handles very nice, yaw is also nice.

Hopefully will finish up new mount for gimbal and get it in the air this weekend. One thing I'd like to fine tune (maybe won' be an issue with more weight) is some occasional twitchiness when hovering. When I'm moving it's smooth, but while hoovering, it seems ultra sensitive to the wind. It stays i place in GPS mode, but lots of little movements.... Doesn't do that during a slow move. It isn't an issue flying, but I'll have to wait to see if video is effective.

Anyway, great first couple of flights. Can't wait to get fully loaded and fly... Gonna be very windy again tomorrow, so hopefully will get to see how the video looks in the wind...

Av8Chuck

I went ahead and made my xy quad into an X quad. It flies better, but still getting some twitching/wobbling. I tried with one pack today. I'll have to spend some more time tuning I guess. I may be looking for Hoverfly Pro smooth, that I might not get. GPS works very well so far.

Hi Ed,

I have a HFPRo that I've never taken out of the box, so sad. Anyway, I'm currently flying a HEX with NAZA Vs1, a CC quad and Y6. The CC's are the most fun, but not as useful for AP as the NAZA, HFPro seems to have dropped of the face of the Earth and they just haven't got it together in regards to GPS so I was wondering if you've flown the DJI A2, if so how does it compare to the Super-X?

How well do you like the Super-X?

VIQuad

SuperX is awesome. I havent had any issues with it. Holds position well in GPS and like butta when flying around. (X650Pro)

I think its a Naza killer. No one has had a SuperX "fly-away" either... The black box feature is soooo cool, a lot of great info in there, especially if you click "show report"

PhilippeN

Hi Ed,

I have a HFPRo that I've never taken out of the box, so sad. Anyway, I'm currently flying a HEX with NAZA Vs1, a CC quad and Y6. The CC's are the most fun, but not as useful for AP as the NAZA, HFPro seems to have dropped of the face of the Earth and they just haven't got it together in regards to GPS so I was wondering if you've flown the DJI A2, if so how does it compare to the Super-X?

How well do you like the Super-X?

Hello,

What I can say is that when you try it you don't want to fly anything else anymore. It is just perfect and so reliable.

it is not a Naza killer but a WKM killer.

Philippe

yankee

Hello all. Moving from the DJI Phantom to the X650 Pro with Super X and need to get a new radio system. I see that XAircraft suggests the Futaba 8FG. Should I get the HS (Heli) or AS (Airplane) version? If any of you have suggestions for my new setup (I am building it), I would welcome your input. Thank you!!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Either version of the Futaba radio will work. The the heli version has a smooth throttle gimbal instead of the “stepped” version of the airplane that most people seem to like better for multi flying. Also, the 3 way switches are usually grouped on the left hand side for more throttle hand condition adjustability.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hello all. Moving from the DJI Phantom to the X650 Pro with Super X and need to get a new radio system. I see that XAircraft suggests the Futaba 8FG. Should I get the HS (Heli) or AS (Airplane) version? If any of you have suggestions for my new setup (I am building it), I would welcome your input. Thank you!!

If you can find one, and you may have to order now for delivery in a few months but check out the new FrSky Taranis, I operate my X650 with one plus a 3 axis gimbals, it is 16 channel radio

David

jfro

Aerial Fun
If you can find one, and you may have to order now for delivery in a few months but check out the new FrSky Taranis, I operate my X650 with one plus a 3 axis gimbals, it is 16 channel radio

David

I have 2 of their receivers (Futaba compatible) in route. I also put my name on a wait list for a Taranis. Seems like they are getting a lot of good publicity and not just because of price. Will probably use it as a 2nd radio for camera op for a while on my large MR and use it as the primary on one of my new buiilds.... Come spring, I should be the proud owner of 3 mr's. Small, medium, & large.

My only worry is 2 different Radio brands and 3 different FC's I have. Not sure I have the memory cells to remember everything. Get's confusing sometimes.

yankee

Hello All. Thanks for the help with the radio. I just finished my X650 Pro. Does another Pro owner have a suggestion for routing the receiver antenna wires? Many of the pictures I have seen show them hanging down but I thought they should be 90 degrees of each other. I also don't want them to interfere with the other electronics.