Futaba 8FG Super

gmahan3

I bought the 8fg without a rx. I'm wanting to get into AP. What would be the best suited rx for the 8fg both now and for future capabilities?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

I bought the 8fg without a rx. I'm wanting to get into AP. What would be the best suited rx for the 8fg both now and for future capabilities?

Depends what you want to do with it.
How much did you pay for it, was it new, and would you not have been better going for a combo package that included the receiver?

You can see the compatible RXs on this page..
http://www.futaba-rc.com/receivers/air.html

You can upgrade it to a FG Super by installing the latest firmware if it hasnt got it already, this will make it a 14 channel transmitter.

Keep in mind that if you own or happen to buy the DJI A2 FC system, the RC receiver is built-in and is 14 channels and 100% compatible with the Futaba T8FG Super or 8FG.
The A2 receiver will have full compatibility for your AP requirements. Also if you decide to go with the WKM or most any other FC system you may should be able to get by with 8 channels if you do not have retract landing gear requirements. The Frysky TFR8SB is essentially an exact match for the Rx that typically comes with the Futaba T8FG Super FAAST system which is the 6208SB. Both are limited to 8 channels unless you use s.bus expansion.

gmahan3

I've flown with the ratchet throttle and believe I want to try and convert my tx to a 8FGH

Will the kit below work with the 8FG?

http://www.artistichobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=HSP78901

gmahan3

Have a look at the range of FASST FrSky receivers, they have a couple of very good ones.

Pete thanks for the links!

Those are eye opening prices when you compare them to a $140 Futaba R6208. Are you paying for anything more than the brand?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
TFR8SB is the closest possible match to the Futaba R6208SB that comes with the complete Futaba RC package., i.e., has FASST as well as s.bus for a single connection between the Rx and the DJI FC.
Mine works perfectly for both the NAZA and the WooKong M.