FrSky Taranis Button Failure?

HexaTiger

I was setting up my Taranis with some new functions last night. All of the a sudden the "+" button stops working. From my internet research this is clearly a known problem... how do I fix it?

HexaTiger

Thanks! I've used the companion before and last night I opened up the Taranis to check out what might be the problem, but it got to my bed time before I could get all the way down to the buttons themselves.

HexaTiger

So last night I opened it up... Nice to get a look inside the Taranis, but nothing seemed to have come unstuck, and after reseating it, everything is back to working. While I'm certain this is only an intermittent fix I did have the opportunity to fashion up an RF blocker to try and cut the constant speaker buzzing that results from the RF interference. I took some Scotch Permanent Outdoor Mounting Tape (Double-sided, super sticky, highly recommended thus far) and lined one side of it with aluminum foil (colloquially known as 'Tin Foil' in my neck of the woods). I then used it to line the entire top of the case. At first I attempted to encase the speaker in shielding, but it quickly became apparent that the interference was "getting into" the wires at some un-shielded point. The fastest solution was to line the entire top of the case with foil, effectively shielding the electronics from the RF signal. However, in the vertical position antenna bent 90 degrees and turned to point upwards with Taranis on it's backside (battery cover towards ground), I still generate lots of static, but this is my least used (never) antenna position so I don't find the noise to be a problem.

I'm at work, but i'll post pictures later if I can.

WARNING: When attempting this, be certain you do not short out any connections with the aluminum foil.