Frame company won't sell me a frame unless I buy all the components as well???

jimska

I have just had the most bizarre exchange via email with a company that sells frames who won't sell me just the frame I want unless I buy all the components as well from them i.e. motors, ESCs, power board etc. They said it's because they've tested various components, come up with ones they like and that's what they recommend. Is it just me that finds this odd? They can recommend all they like but surely it's up to me what I put on it, no? To me it seems all they want to do is make money on the frame and the components. Thoughts please.

Pumpkinguy

I guess they have every right to do so although it doesn't look good on them. Support someone else. Like Hexacrafter where the service is second to none. So are the frames.

jimska

I'm looking for an X8. Thought I'd found it but apparently not. Funny thing is I can buy the frame from an American dealer and a European dealer (two I've found so far) but they won't sell it to me unless I buy everything from them.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I think I know the frame your talking about? The Gryphon Dynamics x8 rip off? Yea that's because they only make money on the motors and esc's and other sub par parts. Carbon fiber prices are pretty much the same so that is why they won't sell just the frame.

If you really like that frame I'd go with a real one, or check out Vulcan UAV. X8 all day, and you can pick each individual component you want. I love my Vulcan rigs...

But I also love my Hexacrafter rig... Andrew's service and product is top notch.
He may have a Octo coming out or even some new designs.... so I'd hit him up... ;)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• x8.jpg
    x8.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 354

RobertoMFS

I think it's hammer.

Don't sell the frame, sell a whole working system, and for me it's ok.
If you want this, need to buy this.

Regards
Rob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Man

Helluva way to stay in business. Buy everything or buy nothing. I don't see that as being a very successful business model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
from what i understand carboncore is very uncomfortable with people buying their stuff and then posting photos and discussing their problems online. as far as I know they had stopped selling kits and decided to go RTF only from their dealers. maybe now they're selling complete kits with all of the components included?

Last edited by a moderator: