FOXTEChFPV RETRACTS. Any one using them?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey guys, I need retracts badly for a large octo.
I can’t afford to shell out $1000 for the Droidworx ones although I wish I could.

But has anyone tried the Foxtech retracts?
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/fhlg25-optimus-retractable-landing-gearfor-25mm-arm-p-1177.html

I’d like to at least hear someone say they have used them, and they can support 20lbs+

Anyone?

a01.jpg

VIQuad

Holy Shyt! a $1000???...for that you could engineer and build your own retracts that will hold 20lbs.
That is ridiculous

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
The Droidworx ones come with a pretty cool quick release and ant vibe plate as well. It sounds like a lot, but they are very reliable.

VIQuad

The Droidworx ones come with a pretty cool quick release and ant vibe plate as well. It sounds like a lot, but they are very reliable.

Yeah I looked them up after you said that. They look cool. But wow that's a lot of dough :nevreness:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The Droidworx legs look amazing but in my experience I found them to be seriously lacking. They close to quite a narrow base which meant having to align the Cinestar 3 axis gimbal before lowering the legs otherwise they would come into contact with each other. It also doesn't create the most stable platform for the rig to rest on either. The feet clip on which also means they clip off, very easily leading to a couple of tip overs when flying from rough ground- easily solved with zip ties but shouldn't have to do that with a system at this price. Also, being curved legs, when they are retracted they feet are lower than they need to be ie they more easily enter the video frame. I have the good ol DJI S800 legs on my Skyjib and these have been faultless (now you don't often hear anyone say that of a DJI product!).

There more then what Id pay for....waiting for more competition to lower the price....they all look like the same design/build/out of the same factory

I too saw the post from a end user and have doubted its quality

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
It’s pretty upsetting that so many companies are coming out with 3 axis gimbals and yet the selection of quality retractable landing gear is almost Zero.
Besides running “follow me” what do these companies expect you to do?

I am thinking about contacting Robart and letting thm know the need for some decent retracts, i bet they have over 25+ years experience making them for giant scale airplanes.