Fly around an object at set distance

jlpearce

I was wondering if there is a way to get a copter to fly around an object at a set distance say a car or a house?

I am new to this and I can't find anything on this.

Old Man

Three systems are capable of this that I am aware of. APM 2.6 and up, Pixhawk, and DJI A2. The one I know from experience to be absolutely reliable for this function in Pixhawk. The one I know from experience to be expensively iffy is A2.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Does the Naza V2 have POI?

Not currently, POI is limited to WKM and A2.

Its a cool feature..

Point Of Interest (POI)
WooKong-M has a new function: Point of Interest. When the GPS signal is good, users can record the present position of the aircraft as a point of interest by the preset switch on the remote control. The aircraft could achieve a circle flight around the point of interest with the nose in the point in an area of 5 meters to 500 meters radius, when the rolling command is given. This function is easy to set up and convenient to operate, it is suitable for all-round shooting of a fixed scenic spot.

View attachment 23295

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 10.31.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 10.31.38 AM.png
    388.1 KB · Views: 223

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
I don't think so
But it does have IOC and Home Lock, does it not? It would serve the same purpose if you manually set the home position when hovering over the Point of Intrest. But then again, you'll lose the Return-to-Home feature.

skypyro

The APS-M of the Aligns will have it if they dont already - I know I have my switch selection working for it on the APS-M software, but haven't flown to try it yet.