Flight mode setup help , U channel not on ch5

Cswann821

Hi everyone,

I am working on my 3 position switch and flight modes as well as mixing in the fail safe position with another switch . None the less for some reason I am getting control of the naza flight mode switching through aux channel 7 , where channel 5 (gear) is set to control X1 gains. I need to switch these so that my mixing for a separate fail safe switch will work. Any idea how I do this? I thought the 3 flight modes (U) should be on my gear channel (ch5) but it isn't . I am using a Futaba T9CH w/ TM8 Fasst 2.4 module with a futaba 6303sb rx connected to the naza via S- bus. Any advise on what to check ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Since you are using s-bus, the U channel (Naza Control Mode) will come in on channel 7, can't change that (and gimbal control on 5, and IOC mode on 6). You need to run 7 individual wires if you wanted to swap those positions. I don't know the T9CH transmitter, but on the Futaba 8FG you can do mixing with any channel. Can you switch your mixing to channel 7?

Cswann821

I got it working after cycling through the channels on master and slave in my mix, I happened to try Aux 1, I am thinking it assigns its own Aux numbers to any aux ch actually being used in the mixing setup after the first 5.
In my Aux ch setup it only gives you the ability to assign switches to aux 5 - aux 9 or how ever additional aux ch your rx has . But in my mix setup , under master/ slave I have options to mix -throttle/ailerons/elevator/rudder/gear/ AUX 1/ Aux 2 / offset.

So in other words since I am thinking ch6 and ch 7 are used by X2(IOC) and U . The radio has labeled them as aux 1 and aux 2 in the mix setup.
This is an older radio, but still a great one. From time to time I have these issues though
Weird.

Last edited by a moderator: