Fix for initialising Phantom 3 Advanced with "unsupported" Android devices

Ian Turner

Hi everyone

I recently purchase a P3 Advanced, and I love it, but at first I had endless trouble getting the DJI Go software to pick up the quad or transmitter. It insisted on showing "NOT CONNECTED" I am using a relatively cheap "Elba" Android Tablet, nothing special at all, and not listed as being supported by DJI.

I experimented with all sorts of different methods, and finally stumbled on the one that works for me every time without fail. I hope it may help other P3 pilots who are having the same problems.

I will list the process as a numbered list. Just follow it slavishly and the Go App "should" then automatically pick up the Phantom 3 option with the "aircraft" button, not the default Inspire option, when you reach that stage.

1 - Power up the Android device, but DO NOT select the Go App. !!!!
2 - Close all other running apps on your android device (for safety)
3 - Power on the P3 Transmitter.
4 - Power on the P3 aircraft and wait for it to fully initialise
5 - ONLY NOW - Pull the USB plug from your android device OUT of the back of the P3 transmitter
6 - Wait about 5 seconds or so and then plug it back in again.
7 - Open the DJI Go app, and it should open with the correct Phantom 3 page already loaded, so you can then hit the blue "Aircraft"button to load the Go main screen.

NB If you also have the Litchi software installed, then when you plug the USB lead back into the port on the transmitter, Android automatically pops up a selection box to let you choose DJI or Litchi. Select whichever you wish using the "Just once" or "Always" buttons as you prefer.

That is all there is to it. I can now pretty well guarantee to have everything connect immediately and properly.

Hope this helps others ?
Ian