First quadcopter

Kratos

I want to build my first quadcopter. Dont want to go big with hexa or octo because I am new in this and dont want to spend lot of money. I would use it with gopro3+ so I would fix camera or buy gimbal in two directions (depending on price). What I need is best performance/money parts for my quadcopter, because I am new one I have no idea where to start what brand to buy and how strong rotors to buy, so I need your advice. I would give more money for controoler with more channels because I would use it later for hexa or octocopter. Can somebody of you profesionals create me a list of parts for basic quadricopter with gopro cam ? :)

This forum is a great resource of information.

Do what I did, and research research research. See what people say about their builds after they've had some stick time.

Put your chosen items into ecalc (described in other topics) and see what performance you can expect.

FWIW, I am probably going with (and I have a strict 2 kg limit):
F450 with Aimdroix arms
T Motor MN3110 pancake motors
T Motor 13x44 props
(Will also have ave a set of 12x4 props)
3S battery
Wookong M
30A ESCs with SimonK

Plus other stuff. .. can't remember off the top of my head.

Have modeled it all in ecalc down to the last gram, all looks good.

I found it handy to enter everything into spreadsheet, which then totalled up weights and costs.

A Futuba radio is also a no brainer, as you can use the S-Bus to minimize RC channel wiring between receiver and Flight Controller.

I'd prefer a hex for some redundancy, but that won't be happening, so I decided quality parts like Tiger Motor would be better than trying to save a few bucks with cheap & nasty crap. Others may have different objectives and constraints.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
A good place to start researching is the group build that Bart (forum creator) started in the beginners section. While you may end up choosing different components - it's a good build to follow and see what you'll need and all the extras that often get overlooked (quality soldering iron, heat shrink , connectors etc).

Jindalee has has a high quality component list above - but it's expensive. A decent first build can be done for cheaper - still with quality parts. If you substituted a Naza for the WKM, sunnysky for the T-Motors, you'd still have a great quality craft that won't hurt quite as much if (more likely when) it comes down.

The last thing I'd suggest is looking into the Taranis radio. The cost is dramatically lower than the competition, but the features are equal, and actually more than the major manufacturers. The ability to edit in the computer, download and load preset templates, and the FrSky cheap sensors make it perfect for newer and veteren pilots alike.

Welcome to the forum and have fun!

Kratos

Tnx for your reply. I want to build basic quadricopter for go pro so I dont need big lifting multirotor. Only important thing is that is stable so my camera dont move too much, for that I need quality motors, and blades. I read somwhere that blades with high lift create problem and are stressful for construction, so that looks important to me too :D