Need Help! First Drone Build Help

Silvperf

I am in the final stages of my first build. Everything is connected to the FC so now I am testing and configuring. Two things I need help with:
1.) I noticed the VTX is getting extremely hot. It is an Eachine VTX02 200mw. I have it connected to 5v. The VTX is working fine but the heat it is producing is bit worrying. Is it normal for the VTX to run hot?

2.) I am having trouble with binding the receiver and transmitter. The receiver is a FrSky X4RSB and the transmitter is a FrSky Taranis QX7. When pushing on the bind button on the receiver, it just flashes red and when i let go, it will flash green then go back to red. Below is how its connected to the FC.
SP-Racing-F3-and-X4R-Wiring-1.jpg

Is there anything I can do to test the receiver before I buy a new one?

Trevcharl

I have a flysky tx and rx, and I am just wondering if you dont have to go through the same procedure. I have to short out two pins on the reciever then switch on the transmitter, the two then bind, The flashing led (I forget its colour) becomes a steady light. One can now switch off, and when you power up again they will "see" each other. As regards the fpv transmitter, many electronic gadgets that have a power output will run warm, if it gets sohot that it burns your finger, there is something wrong. Electronic devices do run warm when giving out higher power, like Audio amps and transmitters, but it must only get warm......

Silvperf

I was able to bind.
The TX and RX needed to be 2-3 ft away from each other
with the TX on and binding, hold down the button on the RX, supply power to the RX with the button still pressed and then it will bind.

I am still trying to figure out what is causing the VTX to run hot. I am suspecting a bad solder on one of the grounds.